Sorry, time for a poop thread!

newanatomy

So as not to continue to hi-jack Spiky bugger's Vitamin D thread, I need some additional input on this issue:

I take two full doses of Miralax; 2,500 MG magnesium oxide (5 tablets); 400 MG Magnesium citrate (2 caplets); 6 stool softeners; 6 Natural psyllium fiber capsules; 4 tablespoons of chia seeds and 2 Vitafusion Fiber Well gummies every single day! That is two gummies, two doses of Miralax, four tablespoons of chia seeds and 21 pills just to shit!!!

When I eat "all the wrong stuff," like sugary things, I "enjoy" the opposite of constipation. When I am "good" about my diet, I am occasionally constipated. So maybe, we just need to be MODERATELY good.

My other cure is an orange...or half of one...and some strong black coffee.

Last edited:
When I eat "all the wrong stuff," like sugary things, I "enjoy" the opposite of constipation. When I am "good" about my diet, I am occasionally constipated. So maybe, we just need to he MODERATELY good.

My other cure is an orange...or half of one...and some strong black coffee.

ETA... Come to think of it, ten years ago, there was talk of the Krispy Kreme Kure. It tended to rotor rooter people out. So maybe you DO need some sugar or flour or yeast...not a lot...just some.

ETA... Come to think of it, ten years ago, there was talk of the Krispy Kreme Kure. It tended to rotor rooter people out. So maybe you DO need some sugar or flour or yeast...not a lot...just some.

Problem is, I am looking for an everyday solution. Also, I am still in the losing phase - low carb.

Problem is, I am looking for an everyday solution. Also, I am still in the losing phase - low carb.

I never tried it...but just file it away...in case nothing else works. You don't want to damage yourself with ultra-compliance if it is causing problems. My sister is about to have surgery to repair a rectocele....a HORRID surgery. In her case, the 10# baby may have been the cause, but constipation can also cause the problem.

This is a non-graphic graphic. The real stuff is just too scary.

204879.jpg

How much liquid are you taking in? For me, there is a direct correlation, and I wish I could say that I'm a great water drinker, but that would be a lie.

The more liquid I take in per day (sadly, it's lots of diet mountain dew or fresca for me), the looser my poop is. Not enough fluid, I make concrete.

I just replied to the other thread. oops I am going to copy and paste my reply here also, cuz I'm lazy like that.
Good God! I thought I had trouble with constipation! You 2 need to do something or you are going to be shitting just fine from a wheelchair. How much liquid are you getting in a day? I HAVE to get at least 120 ounces but I usually get more. @newanatomoy , I think you are taking TOO much fiber. Too much will clog up everything.

Different types of calcium that don't cause constipation: (so I have heard, no personal experience because I have mine under control)
calcium hydroxyapatite
Liquid calcium citrate
Upcal D powder

Hopefully, bearmom will be back with other suggestions.

ALSO, I have heard that the calcium citrate in capsule form is better for some. Try everything, you cannot go without!

"THEN I notice bear mom did reply. Fuck it, I'm going to bed before I screw something else up. :)"

lol, it's late and we're both moving from one post to the next. I suppose I should go to bed too, but I have good chocolate right now, and will not leave one speck of it for tomorrow.

Lol, I checked MFP and I average around 140 g/day. So, that really is not the issue. Other suggestions?
You MIGHT be one who needs more. How much each person needs varies but my standard response to constipation is add more fat.

Last month into first week of this month, dh was battling constipation. And yes, he had been trying the KK cure, all it was doing this time was increasing lbs (he's gained about 5 lbs). So I made him some fat bombs. (I had stopped them when I added butter to my coffee instead). Anyway, he is eating 6 squares (about 1 inch square, 1/2 inch in height) a day right now but he is FINALLY getting the constipation under control. PLUS losing a few lbs as well.

We worry about him and constipation since he has a PRE DS history of anal fissures. I don't EVER want to deal with that again...I honestly thought he was gonna bleed to death before the ER got their act together.

Latest posts

Back