So Nurse just called back with CT Enterography results

The Nurse finally called me back late yesterday afternoon (after I had to call) and I am even more confused now. My Dr is covering at one of the local hospitals this week so it was tough to break him free to read the report. He wasn't immediately concerned like needing me to be admitted and wants to see me in office to discuss the results. Naturally he isn't available to see me until December 8. Obviously I told the nurse that wasn't acceptable so she is trying to find a slot with one of his colleagues.

In the mean time I FedeXing the imaging to Dr K today so he can look himself on Monday. I love the fact that he always wants to look at actual imaging as he sees things relative to what he does everyday that a radiologist wouldn't be familiar with. Not that radiologists aren't good, they just don't specialize in his area.

Maybe this finding is no big deal but I am tired of feeling like garbage (one or two good days one or two bad days where I drop 5-7 pounds of crap). My fear is that since the nurse told me the report showed this finding distal of the distal anastomosis that near my BPL/AL/CC junction could have a hernia or adhesion in the CC area, and if needed repaired I could lose some of my absorbing intestine. Hopefully that isn't the case, but I still think I have a partial blockage from a hernia as I have all the symptoms I had before. I go to the bathroom 3-5 times a day on a typical day and on those flush out days 5-7 times, so I just don't see how this could be simple constipation....I also eat a variety of foods from fat to veggies to bad sweets so my shit should flow.

So it is hurry up an wait. Good news is that I am feeling pretty good today.

This one was much worse than normal. I think it is pretty much worked out now. The contrast for this one is meant to load and stress the sb do it makes sense it would cause some post procedure discomfort. It didn't help that I couldn't drink too much the rest of the day to flush the stuff... I was able to drunk some but another 16 oz or so probably would have helped.
Glad to hear the worst is over and I hope Dr. K gets to the bottom of this quickly.

I have a question: Can you drink the entire prep? I can't even finish one whole bottle, even though I get there quite early. Just curious.

Glad to hear the worst is over and I hope Dr. K gets to the bottom of this quickly.

I have a question: Can you drink the entire prep? I can't even finish one whole bottle, even though I get there quite early. Just curious.
Yeah I was actually able to drink two barium bottles and bottle if water in an hour... Surprised me that I did it pretty easily

Wow. Not me. I can't even finish one. You must get some decent pictures.
It went down surprisingly easily and I have the images saved on my computer but I can't tell where light and dark are good, bad, indicative of structure or what. If one isn't used to looking at these everyday especially with a baseline to compare against, and properly trained I don't know how one deciphers these things. Guess that is why radiologists make big bucks. :D

I just saw the GI this morning and I am scheduled for a small bowel follow through (Barium) on Monday. They want to get a better look at the area right before the distal anastomosis as they say the prep should have cleared it out but there was still fecal matter there so they couldn't see the inside of my bowel clearly enough. The Dr said it appears that things are slowing down before going through. To me that says there is something causing a partial blockage so I am not sure what this follow through will show that the enterography didn't show. I will do the test and see what it shows.

Unfortunately Dr K is traveling out of town this week so the imaging I sent him from the enterography won't be seen by him until next Monday......so I shall see what he says and also what he says about the follow through imaging.

Stuff is obviously passing through eventually but not without issue so is this due to a possible stricture in the anastamosis, adhesion, intestinal hernia or some sort of illeus?

I finally got a copy of the Radiology report from my enterography scan.

upload_2015-11-25_14-25-53.png

Sounds to me like something is going on at my CC/AL/BPL junction.

Not recommending this of course, but - have you done a bowel prep recently that might clean out the crap that seems to have gotten stuck?

Not recommending this of course, but - have you done a bowel prep recently that might clean out the crap that seems to have gotten stuck?
Yep - In the last month or so I have done a full bowel prep (Supreep) for a Colonoscopy, took a 14 day course of Flagyl, drank two bottles of barium & a bottle of water within an hour for the CT Enterography and will be doing another bowel prep on Sunday night for my Monday AM follow through study.

I shit 3-5 times on a normal day and they are not small. 7 - 8 times on days that I call flush days - not intentional it just happens and I lose 6-7 pounds that night (typically happens overnight and that next day I feel like hell as I am very weak and tired). On these "flush days" they start off formed to loosely firm and and gradually get loser until the last one or two are watery. I will also eat greasy once in a while if I feel like things aren't clearing (at times I don't feel like I completely empty like something is stuck) and I will oil slick. My stool is never hard or as it would be in a constipated state......so I don't know why this is happening.

The only thing I can think is that I have to eat so much to get in the nutrients that I need that there is just shit load of shit in my system that has to get through.

Haven't been able to read link yet but barium swallow showed food getting out of my stomach fIne. The slow down is at the ileocecal end of the small bowel.
While your stomach nerves were cut one time, your small bowel has been cut several. And gastroparesis is autonomic nerve damage. Normally, yes, the stomach is where it starts but we ARE ZEBRAS! Worth asking about.

I think that the term for it when it's in the intestine is ileus.

Scott - maybe you can try a few days of far less roughage and see what happens? Drink Boost or something instead of 2 meals a day?

OTOH, it's about to be Thanksgiving, so screw that.

Latest posts

Back