So Nurse just called back with CT Enterography results

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
The GI Dr has not seen the report yet but a key finding is that I have a fecalization of small bowel content at and distal to the distal small bowel anostamosis indicative of stasis.

That is what I think she told me.

Basically she said that means my small bowel isn't emptying completely (no shit sherlock, I have been telling Drs that for almost two months) and that the fecal content should be liquid in the small bowel but this is solid/hard.

The Dr was doing a procedure but she has a call into him so if I don't hear from him today I should be morning.

BTW, since drinking the prep before the scan yesterday morning my gut and bowels have been a mess....worse than before. Hopefully Dr Ellahi has something in mind and that I can get a copy of the report sent to Dr K's office so he can read it.

Oh man, Scott. You just can not catch a break.
OMG @DSRIGGS. Alright I give up your win. The reality is that you and I are 2 people who always got some bad s*** going on. I'm praying for you just as hard as I pray for myself. I hope that doesn't offend you. I'm not sure of your beliefs

Last edited:
OMG @DSRIGGS. Alright I give up your win. The reality is that you and I are 2 people who always got some bad s*** going on. I'm praying for you just as hard as I pray for myself. I hope that doesn't offend you. I'm not sure of you beliefs
Ha ha Sweetie. I am an athiest, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate prayers. Even if I don't any longer believe in GOD (was raised Catholic) I still appreciate prayers because to me that is a reflection of someone's caring for another person. ....so thanks!

I send positive thoughts out for you as well.

Don't worry about me. I will be fine, eventually. Hopefully sooner than later.

Scott honey, what that means is that you are FOS. (full of shit) at least in one spot. hell fire fuzzy, not sure what they do about it. Hardened stool in the large bowel is 'easy' but I have never heard of hardened stool in the SB - and once they get it out - how in the hell do they prevent it from happening again.
Hate to say it, but it sounds surgical and would likely put you at high risk for perforation if not fixed. damn it... sending you good thoughts. Ole Dr. K will likely know what to do.

Scott honey, what that means is that you are FOS. (full of shit) at least in one spot. hell fire fuzzy, not sure what they do about it. Hardened stool in the large bowel is 'easy' but I have never heard of hardened stool in the SB - and once they get it out - how in the hell do they prevent it from happening again.
Hate to say it, but it sounds surgical and would likely put you at high risk for perforation if not fixed. damn it... sending you good thoughts. Ole Dr. K will likely know what to do.
Thank Mom

Exactly!

I am pretty certain as well how it will come out, but what the hell is causing it? I eat meat which is often greasy, vegetables, bread with fiber, drink a lot of water and coffee....so you would think things would flow smoothly. Like you I haven't heard of hardened stool in the SB either so I am perplexed.

I traded a few emails with Dr K last night and he wants to look at the imaging, so hopefully the office who ordered the scan and or OSF who did the scan will get the imaging to him as I requested. They can fax over the report but I doubt that they can send a file for the imaging itself, so it will have to be a disc and probably wouldn't get there until next week. I know OSF's system is EPIC abut I am not sure what system Dr K is on. Even if it is EPIC they are usually different packages and don't talk to one another. Additionally, I don't know how the hospital works for allowing Drs into their system. All of my Dr's around here have access but with Dr K being in Cali he obviously doesn't. I am assuming a Dr has to have privileges at that hospital in order to get connected and I don't even know who to ask about that...they aren't very efficient with those kinds of requests.

Well I will see what the GI says this morning.

Naturally I am worried that if this does in fact require a surgery, who does it. At and distal to the distal anastomosis indicated to me that this is at the BPL and AL junction so if part of the small bowel needs resected then exactly how much? Does entire junction have to be taken out and some CC????? If this has to happen I am not sure if I want it done by Marshall here (he is an ass about some things but he is an excellent cutter who understands the DS) or if I need to travel to Cali for the master to take care of it.....I want fixed once and for all and for all this to be behind me.

Damn Scott! I think although a bit more costly that I would go to the master. California here is come. I'll be the Monday 12/7

Yeesh, sorry to hear.

I, too, suffer gastro. issues when drinking the prep. They generally pass in a day or so, though. Hope it's the same for you.

Last edited:
Ha ha Sweetie. I am an athiest, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate prayers. Even if I don't any longer believe in GOD (was raised Catholic) I still appreciate prayers because to me that is a reflection of someone's caring for another person. ....so thanks!

I send positive thoughts out for you as well.

Don't worry about me. I will be fine, eventually. Hopefully sooner than later.
Best response from an atheist about prayer ever! Militant atheists are as obnoxious as religious zealots. It really is the thought that counts. I'll keep you in mine.

Scott, just wishing you speedy resolution. I recommend a heavy dose of magnesium - osmosis may work wonders...

Best response from an atheist about prayer ever! Militant atheists are as obnoxious as religious zealots. It really is the thought that counts. I'll keep you in mine.
Thsnks! To me it is all about being a nice person and looking out for your fellow beings.

Yeesh, sorry to hear.

I, too, suffer gastro. issues when drinking the prep. They generally pass in a day or so, though. Hope it's the same for you.
This one was much worse than normal. I think it is pretty much worked out now. The contrast for this one is meant to load and stress the sb do it makes sense it would cause some post procedure discomfort. It didn't help that I couldn't drink too much the rest of the day to flush the stuff... I was able to drunk some but another 16 oz or so probably would have helped.

Latest posts

Back