So Nurse just called back with CT Enterography results

I have no advice and don't understand what's happening but I hope you can get it fixed, Scott - you deserve to feel good a lot more often.

:(

I think that the term for it when it's in the intestine is ileus.

Scott - maybe you can try a few days of far less roughage and see what happens? Drink Boost or something instead of 2 meals a day?

OTOH, it's about to be Thanksgiving, so screw that.
My understanding is that an ileus often happens right after gut surgery as the bowel basically falls asleep. Cameron had one of those after a surgery. I guess it is possible but what is strange is that I always crap at a minimum 3 times a day and more often than not 4-5 times a day, and they are not small. One would think that I would eventually completely lock up??

and I have done the boost things and bowel rest for my preps and it didn't change anything and damn straight on screwing that for Thanksgiving! Regarding varying the diet I have done that as well. Have had days where tried to cut out most all carbs, and then had days where tried to eat more roughage, have tried days with no greasy meats......nothing seems to react any differently...other than when no grease I don't get the oil slicks and associated cramping from that...but I still feel bloated and distended most of the time.

Speaking of going......last night I went out with my wife and SIL/BIL to a St Jude benefit at a local bar and had one beer and half of a crown and coke. My gut was really full yesterday. Anyway about 11'sh last night I had come and fallen asleep on the couch , but woke up having to crap. I went to powder room and was in there 20 minutes. When I looked in the toliet before flushing, because I knew I had gone a lot, I was absolutely astonished. I don't know how shit wasn't touching my ass and nethers because the toilet was 85% full of shit that was the consistency of slightly less than hand dipped ice cream. I swear to god that would have filled probably 1/3 of a five gallon bucket. How it flushed I will never know (best toilets we have ever owned and cost a whopping $107).

Anyway I hope between Dr K, the SB follow through and my GI (I do like him as he is inquisitive, listens and is willing to try things) I hope they can figure out if there is some paralytic ileus or something else that they can ID and freaking fix. Although I have been bloated and distended this weak I have had good strength so that is a positive sign (silver linings right, look for them).

Thanks for the ideas ladies!! I appreciated the conversation and suggestions.

While your stomach nerves were cut one time, your small bowel has been cut several. And gastroparesis is autonomic nerve damage. Normally, yes, the stomach is where it starts but we ARE ZEBRAS! Worth asking about.
We are different, no doubt about it.....thanks hon.

BTW, I am talking to them about everything so we will hopefully get it figured out sooner or later. I am still thinking it is a hernia and or adhesion but it could be paralytic ilues from nerve damage so we shall seee.

Latest posts

Back