So Lisa Marie Presley…

Remember, Charles had the mother of all kidney stone, a staghorn. 24 cm in size. That may be why.
Was it calcium oxalate? Most of the stones they talk about are.

I’m such an underachiever, my current stone is about 9cm…or it was last we peeked at it.

I’ve had reactive hypoglycemia since either 1991 or 1994 (I have both years listed so I’m not exactly sure). She insisted on blaming my “gastric bypass” for it even tho my DS wasn’t until 2011. I corrected her about the DS versus the RNY a minimum of 3 times explaining the difference. She still put RNY on my after visit paperwork. I’m also slim, except my middle, far from obese. My BMI was 22.x at the time of the visit. I was so far off her expectations, she got upset and rude, shut me down and refused to listen.
:mad::mad::mad:

Is it just me, or the little bit of cannabis I just used, but I THINK that poorly worded and graphically laid out warning said was to tell your doctor IF YOU CAN’T TAKE calcium or D3. Which sounds like they will want you to supplement.

Uh... I sure hope you all meant milimeters and not centimeters for the sizes of those stones. One inch = approximately 2.5 cm, thus a 24 cm kidney stone would be almost 10 INCHES!! The average kidney, the entire kidney, is about 9 - 14 cm long. A 24 mm kidney stone would be about an inch long, which is certainly big enough to create problems.
Courtesy of someone who speaks metric.

Uh... I sure hope you all meant milimeters and not centimeters for the sizes of those stones. One inch = approximately 2.5 cm, thus a 24 cm kidney stone would be almost 10 INCHES!! The average kidney, the entire kidney, is about 9 - 14 cm long. A 24 mm kidney stone would be about an inch long, which is certainly big enough to create problems.
Courtesy of someone who speaks metric.
Yeah, it was damned near an inch. I don’t deal metric very well.

Now saying it was the DS. I wonder. I don’t know much about the Dr. mentioned.

I looked him up. He was a fellow in the bariatric department at NYPresbyterian Weill Cornell when Pomp was actively doing the DS and it says he does the DS. So he probably does know what a DS looks like. His CV lists a few done with Dr. Pomp including at least one on the DS, (I stopped reading at that point). https://www.danieljrosen.com/

I have no idea about the DS for LIsa Marie or not, but what I can is she lost 40 to 50 pounds. WLS for 50 pounds. That seems a little extreme.

But there was so much pressure on her to be thin.

I looked him up. He was a fellow in the bariatric department at NYPresbyterian Weill Cornell when Pomp was actively doing the DS and it says he does the DS. So he probably does know what a DS looks like. His CV lists a few done with Dr. Pomp including at least one on the DS, (I stopped reading at that point). https://www.danieljrosen.com/
I took a look at that CV. Interesting that I don’t know him. My DS was done by Pomp and Gagner in 2005 and I’ve been a patient there ever since. I thought I knew all of them in the practice now and then but I’ve never seen his name. Must’ve missed him.

Not saying he’s wrong. Esp. as I do know 2 DSers that had blockage. But they sure couldn’t ignore that pain. They were in the ER pretty quickly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back