So I found this REAL BARGIN....

pktwatch

on Pure Protein Bars. I don't remember ever eating that brand and see that they have 4 grams of sugar alcohol and I know some of us don't do well with it. I don't watch the lables as close as I should and am sure I have had sugar alcohol in some of the bars I eat, question is, is 4G a lot, to much or a small amount that shouldn't hurt most of us?

I did search reviews on this bar and it has a good rating for taste. I can't get up there for a while and most likley they will be sold out by the time I do get there but if not I plan on loading up! Never been to this place but they buy damaged freight and the prices on everything is great.

http://www.baileysdiscountcenter.com/index.php

Pure Protein Bars.jpg
Pure Protein Label.jpg

Last edited:
*For me* 4g of sugar alcohols wouldn't be enough to bother me, it would probably have to be more like 7-10 to feel it and anything in the teens sends me running multiple times. There are plenty of people who can't tolerate them at all though. If I were you, I wouldn't stock up on tons of them without trying one, but I'd give it a shot because even if they don't sit well, you can always save them for days you're backed up ;)

I like these, and they don't give me issue, but it takes a LOT to upset my system, so always try stuff like this before getting a ton of it. Paydays are me favorite candy bar, and of course these aren't THAT good, but peanuts and chocolate about the goo middle = better than most protein bars I've tried.

Last edited:
Everyone's different. If the sugar alcohols don't bother you, then eat them. I couldn't touch 4 grams of sugar alcohols. Not that it will "hurt" me, but it will give me instant diarrhea (and I mean instant).

At that price I'd try them....but only if you generally know that you *like* protein bars. 4 grams of sugar alcohols is very low and would probably only bother the most sensitive of bellies. I'm pretty sensitive, but could eat one of those once in a while--if I didn't hate them. I hate most protein bars.

I do eat protein bars and am Ok with about all that I have tried. Reviews online for the kmost part say that they are good. Hope they still have this bargin when I get there! Thanks for the input........

I can handle 4 grams of sugar alcohols easily enough. I have some I get at Costco that is a variety pack...the most in that group have 6 and at that amount, I DO notice a grumbly gut so apparently my upper limit is 6.

Thanks for posting these, Butch.

Latest posts

Back