So how did my dumbass not know of Dr K's FB discussion group?

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
So a month or so ago I joined one of the FB groups that can get a bit crazy and somebody told me (yes you can say I told you so) that I would probably have some issues there. Well last night I did and may have told somebody to go fuck themselves (actually not sure if I posted that or deleted it, but I said some not overly kind things) and removed myself from the group. I don't take well to being threatened by unstable people.

In any case a lovely lady told me about Dr K's group today and signed me up. I have been on there posting all day with some lovely people. I am not sure how I didn't know of that place. You guys probably told me and my old man brain probably forgot. I have liked Dr K's central valley bariatrics page a long time ago and follow that but I just didn't realize there was a discussion group.

I also learned there is a lady named Dawn from Dr K's office who I never met. I have never seen anyone other than Dr K, Kristina or Silva in his office...well he did introduce me to a research student on my revision trip, but not Dawn.

Anywho, I am very happy to have found that place.

So a month or so ago I joined one of the FB groups that can get a bit crazy and somebody told me (yes you can say I told you so) that I would probably have some issues there. Well last night I did and may have told somebody to go fuck themselves (actually not sure if I posted that or deleted it, but I said some not overly kind things) and removed myself from the group. I don't take well to being threatened by unstable people.

In any case a lovely lady told me about Dr K's group today and signed me up. I have been on there posting all day with some lovely people. I am not sure how I didn't know of that place. You guys probably told me and my old man brain probably forgot. I have liked Dr K's central valley bariatrics page a long time ago and follow that but I just didn't realize there was a discussion group.

I also learned there is a lady named Dawn from Dr K's office who I never met. I have never seen anyone other than Dr K, Kristina or Silva in his office...well he did introduce me to a research student on my revision trip, but not Dawn.

Anywho, I am very happy to have found that place.
Yes, it IS a great group. Dawn is really nice and very helpful. I had noticed you never mentioned her but just didn't get around to asking you. You did realize that was me who said, Hey, Buddy! to you, didn't you? I joined it and the other one :)eek::ninja::X3:at the same time, either right after coming here or right before, I'm not sure.

LOL no I did not

and honestly I had never heard Dawn's name mentioned nor have I seen her. His office is small and Kristina, Silva and Ara are the only 3 I have ever seen. I know somebody left and was moving on, so I don't know if that was Dawn.

"So a month or so ago I joined one of the FB groups that can get a bit crazy and somebody told me (yes you can say I told you so) that I would probably have some issues there. Well last night I did and may have told somebody to go fuck themselves (actually not sure if I posted that or deleted it, but I said some not overly kind things) and removed myself from the group. I don't take well to being threatened by unstable people."

Ahahaha - and it wasn't even me who told you so! I also didn't appreciate being dragged into that situation by name, on a group I've been banned from, where the rules of that group makes doing THAT a bannable offense, and it's done by the owner of the group who is apparently above her own law! In addition, she violated her own rule that deleting a thread* is verboten - and there was good information on the thread that there was no need to delete, even though the OP was either chased away for no reason or banned by the owner - the owner could have just deleted her OWN offensive posts without deleting the thread. There are many other posts started by people who have since been banned that were not deleted.

What is particularly bizarre is that I had nothing to do with your post, with your being in that group, and your post had nothing to do with either me or the owner of the group - just another incident in a long string of irrational behavior where this unstable person launches into utterly unprovoked attacks, including on me. I'm sorry that the fact that we talk to each other HERE ended up getting you broadsided with an utterly unwarranted attack, both based on the factual post you made answering the OP's question, and with unhinged paranoid accusations that your posts had anything to do with me. I wasn't even aware of the thread until many hours after the verbal diarrhetic eruption had occurred.

It really is a shame that a FB group that used to be the best source of information for DSers has been taken over by an unstable Trumpesque demagogue who feels free to insult, demean and defame people for no reason, to ban people based on her own warped biases, where there is no effective method of checks and balances because she owns the group, and which therefore could be deleted at any time for despotic and self-serving reasons. It is evident to pretty much everyone who has seen her rants that she should turn ownership the board over to others - but of course, she won't, because it makes her feel powerful and important.

I am so grateful that that situation does not exist here. There are multiple admins and ownership of the site is separate from the software (and to be clear, I have NO controlling role in any of it).

I lurk on Dr.K's board too - not a big fan of some of the advice given there, or the somewhat overbearing moderation on it, but at least Dr.K apparently owns it and has some say over what is and is not done on it. Since I don't post there, I can feel free to let him know what I disagree about, which I have done from time to time. And Dr.K may or may not agree with me, but at least I know he is open to hearing what I have to say.

* But not before it was copied ...

Yeah, in a way I feel sorry for her if a FB group and moderatian/demagoguery is her sense of identity and such a power trip for her. She must have real self esteem issues and not much else meaningful in her life.

When I saw a bunch of notification of comments by her I thought oh boy. Then I went there and saw that incoherent rant about you and me I thought, wow this is insane. Then the poor lady who asked why she was attacking me when I had said nothing and why she was being nasty to her.....well I am sure she got banned. I pm"d the lady the URL for here and told her for real support she should join us. Hopefully she will make it over here for some help with her issue that my feeble ,drugged up mind has already forgotten.

What a bizarre world with such silly bull shit when people are just seeking help\ideas with an issue.

Exactly - to find others and send them here, especially when they are being given incorrect information or being mistreated.
Yep, there are soooooo many others out there who are frankly clueless or have received really bad advice. They need our help.

I was lucky enough to be right there for all the fireworks too! I saw Scott had commented to the gal and i said something then, BAM, there was the tirade about Scott and yep, names were mentioned. Very low indeed! A comment I heard from a nail tech one day as she was telling me a story about a relative she had called crazy. She said, "you know there's "crazy good" "crazy bad" and then there's just CRAZY! No need to wonder which example this is!

Edited to take out the gal's name I had put in without thinking, sorry!

Scott, you know how you said you wondered how you never knew of the woman who moderates the group? I was looking at something after you said that and by her name in the group info it says University of Nevada (I could remembered the school wrong, but a school) and I wondered if it meant that was where she received her education or if she is actually located there and moderates the group for some reason?

well I reckon I missed it. Going to have to go scope it and see what happened. Shite. i alway read here first - 99% of the time - the pop over to FB and see what is going on

well I reckon I missed it. Going to have to go scope it and see what happened. Shite. i alway read here first - 99% of the time - the pop over to FB and see what is going on
You won't find it - she deleted the entire thread.

But it wasn't the first time, and won't be the last.

This wouldn't be the same person who blocked over a thousand people (by her reckoning) for deleting posts as well as other infractions real or imaginary? Bwahahaha! Very little is as entertaining as a megalomaniac. Except maybe funny cat pictures and videos. Loves me some cat posts.

Latest posts

Back