So bored, miss my job, and a shout out to Diana Cox!!

buffalobillsfan

I'm down and out after bowel obstruction surgery. I miss my job at the animal shelter. To feel more connected I started looking at pics and videos on my computer of all things animal.

A few years ago I agreed to keep my eyes open for a kitten for the one and only Diana Cox. No pressure there! As kittens were rolling in, still underage, I thought I'd send her some pics of the cutest ones I had ever laid eyes on just to get her excited about her future kitten. We are sooo busy during kitten season and see so many kittens that having the time and energy to take pictures is not often. Even my fosters don't get much shutter time.

Anyhey, I tell Diana and Charles to come on down quickly because a batch of kittens got fixed and went up for adoption that morning. We hadn't even done their pictures. blurbs or posted them to the web. They come in and I send them into the room with one batch. I see them petting, talking, shaking their heads, talking some more and when they came out they just sighed. I thought "Well, they just aren't ready yet". NOPE! They were taking TWO, thank you very much! As it turns out they were 2 of the same ones that I had sent them pictures of. Who knew?!
To this day they are still probably the cutest kittens I had ever seen. Especially Mimi.

I had the opportunity to visit them recently and they are not only gorgeous but so loved you could feel it in the air. They live in a beautiful house with their older buddy Onyx and have a life I could only have hand picked for them. Their humans can't stop gushing about them. I feel so blessed to have made this connection and forever home for them. Here are the original pics I sent. Mimi is the one with a lot of white.
IMG_0182.JPG IMG_0183.JPG IMG_0185.JPG IMG_0189.JPG

They are adorable and what a great thing you did in finding them such a great home and you got to see how they have grown and how loved they are.

OMG - thank you SO much for posting their baby pictures! I hope the two other sisters got good placements too.

We wanted one, and specifically a male (which we thought would be more likely a good fit with our older sweet male Onyx who had had a poor earlier experience with a very standoffish pre-existing female, who would have nothing to do with him, to his great dismay). But Loki was clearly bonded to Mimi in the play we observed - and our discussions revolved around the observation that a lively energetic solo kitten might pester the hell out of Fat Boy Onyx, and that having an age- and energy-appropriate companion might work out better than just taking Loki. And so the deal was sealed.

Trying to get a pic with all three of them facing forward at once is not easy. Treats (for which they are reluctantly trained to line up on my bed, and to sit) are the only way - and I still can't get it in focus. Note the baleful looks because I'm not immediately forking over the treats.

1978464_10152487203646173_370901170301968661_o.jpg

Oh you did see it! I just love the impatient faces. They are so sweet. Doesn't it make you weepy just to see their baby pics? Those are 3 lucky cats!

I'm down and out after bowel obstruction surgery. I miss my job at the animal shelter. To feel more connected I started looking at pics and videos on my computer of all things animal.

A few years ago I agreed to keep my eyes open for a kitten for the one and only Diana Cox. No pressure there! As kittens were rolling in, still underage, I thought I'd send her some pics of the cutest ones I had ever laid eyes on just to get her excited about her future kitten. We are sooo busy during kitten season and see so many kittens that having the time and energy to take pictures is not often. Even my fosters don't get much shutter time.

Anyhey, I tell Diana and Charles to come on down quickly because a batch of kittens got fixed and went up for adoption that morning. We hadn't even done their pictures. blurbs or posted them to the web. They come in and I send them into the room with one batch. I see them petting, talking, shaking their heads, talking some more and when they came out they just sighed. I thought "Well, they just aren't ready yet". NOPE! They were taking TWO, thank you very much! As it turns out they were 2 of the same ones that I had sent them pictures of. Who knew?!
To this day they are still probably the cutest kittens I had ever seen. Especially Mimi.

I had the opportunity to visit them recently and they are not only gorgeous but so loved you could feel it in the air. They live in a beautiful house with their older buddy Onyx and have a life I could only have hand picked for them. Their humans can't stop gushing about them. I feel so blessed to have made this connection and forever home for them. Here are the original pics I sent. Mimi is the one with a lot of white.
View attachment 397 View attachment 398 View attachment 399 View attachment 400
Girlfriend I had no idea you've been through this hell. I hope you are healing well.

Thank you for the loving work you do. Truly it is hard to be at the coal face of animal welfare. All of the fur parents here thank you and hug our babies that bit tighter. Get well. X

Latest posts

Back