skin rash

buffalobillsfan

I have a painful rash under my flabby stomach. It's red, itchy and the skin is flaky. It's warm to the touch but still dry. Any suggestions on how I can treat it? Yuck! Thanks!

Whatever you do, avoid using Cornstarch powder. This can feed yeast and cause or worsen existing rashes where skin rubs together (e.g. underneath pannus).

What can you do to help? SEEK MEDICAL ATTENTION YESTERDAY!

Really? Crap! I was thinking some over the counter ointment might help. I put some antifungal powder on it. I am not interested in seeking plastic surgery so I was hoping to avoid a trip to the doctor. Damn!

Keep the area dry. Use men's T-shirt fabric under the pannus. Cleanse the area GENTLY sorry, fingers malfunctioned, hence the edit. Cleanse the area gently when you shower, don't rub hard, then dry off with hair dryer on low or gently pat dry.

If OTC antifungal stuff doesn't work, you will need to see a physician for something stronger.

Healing is somewhat dependent on keeping it dry. Another thing that will help is a little sun exposure. NOT a lot, 10 or 15 minutes. For many, this is the ticket to getting insurance to cover the panni removal. Since you don't want it done, after you get this pretty well healed, start using antiperspirant in the 'fold'. It will keep the area dry.

When I saw the rash I had flashbacks of all of the issues I had while super morbidly obese. I haven't really had any weight related issues in a long time. I felt really sad and embarrassed about it for a few days. My first thought was to hide it and be secretive. I don't miss having body issues. I'm not perfect but after where I came from I've been really happy with my body since I dropped the first 60 of 150 lbs I lost. I was so grateful that I could accept some hanging skin and size 12 clothes. I don't want this to make me take a step backwards. Maybe it's just a reminded to be more grateful about how far I have come mentally. I used to be the most self-loathing person I ever met.

Your insight is really impressive and its smart to focus on the positive rather than let old patterns of negativity creep in. You look amazing in your picture and your weight loss is incredible.

Latest posts

Back