Sigh

DBmom23

hit an unexpected bump in the road today when I had my pre-op mammo (first ever) and they found a suspicious area that the ultrasounded and are now referring me for core biopsy. Based on the report and my research, it is very likely benign, but there is that chance that it's not so I am stressed!
Plus irritated to have a potential delay or cancel of my surgery scheduled just yesterday for June 16th.
Should this be in R&R? I feel like I'm ranting...

Oh and one more thing, I read the rules bc I'm new and I swear I'm not a weirdo that is going to bust out a sob story and ask for $$.

Don't worry till you have to! When is your biopsy scheduled? I hope it all goes well for you!

You are right. It maybe a blessing bc I don't know if I would have done the mammo if not for the impending surgery. Biopsy June 5th, up to a week for path.

Good luck with your biopsy.

The up side is because of your impending surgery, you caught it.

And yes, it is a rant but by the rules, you aren't allowed in R&R YET. Have to have 50 posts AND 28 days under your belt. If you want me to move it to the Lounge, I will but right where it is is fine too. :)

The overwhelming majority of these things turn out to be benign, but safety first, of course. I hope this can be resolved fast so your surgery isn't delayed. Please keep us posted.

I'm so sorry for your stress and will be praying that all will be well DBmom23. I honestly think, based entirely on statistical probabilities, that your DS surgery date may be unaffected by this with a negative biopsy result. I actually would wait for the results before even informing the surgeons office, because they might try to avoid the risk of a cancellation by cancelling you 1st. Of course let your Dr. know you had the biopsy and it was negative AFTER you hear that confirmation. Just my opinion...praying for you!
:hugs:

hit an unexpected bump in the road today when I had my pre-op mammo (first ever) and they found a suspicious area that the ultrasounded and are now referring me for core biopsy. Based on the report and my research, it is very likely benign, but there is that chance that it's not so I am stressed!
Plus irritated to have a potential delay or cancel of my surgery scheduled just yesterday for June 16th.
Should this be in R&R? I feel like I'm ranting...
So sorry honey. Been there - done that. Hopefully they can make all the diagnoses by your surgery date and then, if you need a lumpectomy or anything, they can do it all while they have you under, they did that for me with my kidney cancer and my gall bladder removal. Keep us posted! Praying for you!

So glad you had your first mammogram, even if the results aren't what you would like, this could save your life down the road. Hang in there!

Good news--my super DH threw a fit when I told him my biopsy wasn't scheduled until next Friday. He called the patient rep at the Breast Center and they fit me in yesterday. Should have the results on Monday and my surgeon is ok keeping my date of June 16 as long as everything negative.

Got the good news today at4:59pm that the path on my biopsy is completely normal. No cancer, no precancerous, just benign fibrocystic changes. Phew!
So relieved and now there are just 14 long days between me and the life-changing DS! Very exciting and freaky.
Ordered vitamins and protein samplers from Vitalady tonight.

Anything you would recommend doing pre-op (other than deep breathing exercises and protein)?

Thank you!

Latest posts

Back