Should I order my vits now?

Well, I was a bit curious about waiting since my pre-op blood work was....ummmm...interesting. I'm planning on waiting till my first labs for several of these to be honest. I have ordered the ones suggested,but prior to surgery, my Vit K1 was HIGH at@ 5.27 as well as my Vit [email protected]!!!
And I did have a complication during surgery where Dr. Boyce had to reverse the Heparin they gave me. Also no further lovenox and wasn't sent home with injections either. I had a Vitamin D level of 9 several years back and have supplemented heavily to reach a normal mid-level of 40. My Vit B12 was also HIGH @1490. Maybe all of those highs will even out and I will need to supplement, but I watched to wait till my first labs to decide on those.
Doesn't make any sense to me,however, to wait on the D,calcium and multis's. Still hate to see the waste with ones I've got.

I had a Vitamin D level of 9 several years back and have supplemented heavily to reach a normal mid-level of 40.

Btw, I do realize the a level of 40 was NOT 'normal mid-level'. That was wht my PCP called it. I always rolled my eyes at her.

Thanks, Scott. We're all so focused on out supplements, sometimes we forget that we can get vitamins and minerals from food, too. I get calcium in yogurt, protein drinks (50% of RDA = 500 mg and I drink 2-3 a day) and cheese, so I'm getting 1500 to 1700 mg in addition to the 1200mg in Citrical.
Is the calcium citrate in the protein drinks?

I eat cheese, yougurt, half and half, and milk...just don't know how much I absorb. My calcium has always been good so no worries for me but I know others struggle a bit.....weird, one of the few I don't struggle with.

My Vit B12 was also HIGH @1490.
Don't fret over the B12. Being above normal on it is not an issue. Mine, with no supplementing (other than my multi and even with no multi) sits over 2000 and has for 3 plus decades. My PCP's over the years have told me to stop taking it but how can you stop taking something you aren't taking.

For B12, high normal is ideal. It can plummet in most DS'ers very fast and even mid range B12 can exhibit neurological symptoms...stay low and those will become permanent.

Also watch your B6 (esp if you take a B Complex) cause if it goes high normal, it can also cause permanent neurological damage.

Latest posts

Back