Saying goodbye to fur baby.

I have always believed that the hardest part of sharing your heart and life with a fur kid is the saying goodbye part. Even though we know in our heart it's the greatest act of kindness we can do...it hurts so damned much. I did this myself with my Mr. Pooh cat a year ago, so I feel for you and for Teddy.

I'm praying that your little guy turns a corner and comes back home to be with his brother Teddy and with you.

This is the most difficult thing to do. I am so sorry that you may have to let your beloved Sancho go. My heart and prayers are with you all.

Just came back from clinic. Doctor had called and said Sancho's kidney levels had made a remarkable improvement and that if I could get him to eat something, I could probably bring him home. I was so excited!
Turns out, I was just hearing what I wanted to hear, like "Oh. he'll have at least another good year or two!" No.... He meant I could take him home to spend at least another night and day with him. His kidneys will not get better. He will always be dehydrated. He has an enlarged heart which does not work in his favor. If we had him constantly on an IV, he might live another month. He is going to treat him the rest of the day and I will pick him up at 5:30 to spend the night and we will talk tomorrow. This makes it so hard because I really do have to make the decision to put him down.
All of your words have really helped me deal with this and I thank you so much.

So sorry. I lost my JJ nearly 2 years ago and I still miss him. He had heart failure and live a year longer then the vet predicted and I loved on him every day. I also was scared of having to make that decision but in the end JJ seemed to decide when it was time to leave us. His last day he spent with his favorite human and although weak he was still playful and still ate well. That night I knew the time was near and I held him and cried all night. He was still eating and wasn't in any pain, he was just weaker. The next morning I had to leave for a few hours and I came back and I though he was sleeping in his favorite place on the back of the couch before I realized he was gone. He looked like he just went to sleep and didn't wake up. I am so grateful that it was out of my hands. I was so afraid of him leaving too soon when he still had some quality of life left but even more afraid that I would keep him with me longer out of my own selfishness not to lose him and that he would suffer in anyway. In the end I think he choose his own terms, said his good byes in his way and left us. He was and always will be the best dog in the world.

Attachments

• jj.jpg
    jj.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 3
(((((((((((((((((((((Pam))))))))))))))))))))))

I know you'll do what he needs you to do. And I trust you'll know what that is once you're all home together.

I'm so sorry.

The most difficult part of owning a pet is making that very, very difficult final decision. While it is do hard to do, there is a point when you will know that it is time and you will do what is right for Sancho. It will tear you apart yet you will know it is right to do. My heart goes out to you

I'm so sorry. I'm glad you have a chance to bring Sancho home feeling a bit better, even if just for a short while.

Had a good 24 hours with my baby. He was up and came outside with Teddy and me, ate a bit, drank water and even had his favorite treat. To increase his liquid intake I made him some soup of broth, rice and a bit of turkey. He LOVED it, but while lapping it up, lost his balance, fell over and I believe had a heart attack. He died in my arms. A horrible thing to watch, however, now that my crying is over, I am grateful that he was here with me, he was not stressed out or in pain, he had a good day with us, and and that he went quickly. I also did not have to make the decision to put him down. Sancho was a great dog and I will hold the memories dear.

Latest posts

Back