Saying goodbye to fur baby.

Bagaof4

These are my two boys, Teddy (3) on the left, Sancho on the right (13). Sancho woke up pooping blood yesterday. Vet says he is in kidney failure. Left him at the hospital last night to see if fluid IVs would make any difference. Doc is not very hopeful and I dread having to make the decision to put him down. He has given me so much joy and Ted will be lost without him. I am very sad.

Last edited:
I am so sorry. I hope that he improves with the fluids. 13 is not very old for a little guy. I was never a big fan of homeopathic vet medicine, but I went to a vet that I used to work for in Michigan, and after several seminars she has become a believer in it used in combination with traditional medicine. She is probably the best vet that I have ever worked with (I used to be a vet tech, and am still licensed). You may want to look into it if he starts feeling better after the fluid therapy. My oldest sheltie, Hope, had increased liver values last year, and the vet in MI put her on some stuff made by Standard Process. This year her liver values were normal. I was pleasantly surprised. The same company makes stuff for renal disease, so I wonder if it may help your little guy. It may be worth a shot if he starts feeling better. https://www.standardprocess.com/Products/Veterinary-Formulas/Canine-Renal-Support

Thank you all for your kind comments. Getting ready to go back to the clinic and will see how things have progressed.

Thank you Susan for the link. I will look into it if things have taken an upturn.

I am so very sorry and hope you have a positive outcome. I just went through something similar a week and a half ago. Took one of my furbabies in thinking we would be getting a prescription or two and then back home. Walked out just about an hour and a half later alone.

Heartbreaking to watch her "brother" struggle with the loss of his constant companion of 12 years. We are both absolutely devastated.

I am praying you have a much happier resolution. Shorty and I have all three of you (you and both babies) in our thoughts.

Latest posts

Back