*Say a little prayer for me*

nursemelanie

Wannabe DSer
My consult with Dr Boyce in Knoxville 4 hrs away, (crossing fingers it's not cancelled again  ) is Thursday 2-27-14. I am really nervously excited! To say the least, there is a lot going in in my life right now...family illnesses, financial strains, etc...but my desire and need to have the DS is SO important to my future health,which as you all know directly impacts every area of your life.

That being said...for everything to work out in the window of time I have left before I must relocate our family and obtain employment (thus losing my current insurance), I need them to approve the surgery without me jumping through anymore hoops. I ask that any who can or will, say a prayer or send positive vibes, whatever your beliefs, that I will be approved for surgery on our first submission to insurance. I thank you, in advance.:thumbsup:

VSG 3-2010/ consult for DS with Dr Boyce 2-27-14/Age 41/5'8"/HW 287/CW 279

Had my consult with Dr Boyce in Knoxville on Thursday, 2-27-14. I really liked him. He took plenty of time to answer all my questions. I feel I will be well taken care of. Office staff was good. He thinks DS is definitely the way to go. His plan would be to NOT adjust my sleeve...just leave it as is and do a CC of 80-100cm. He said my current sleeve is probably the size he would have wanted it had I been a virgin DS. He wants to do the short CC to assure I get the adequate benefits for WL since it's my 2nd WLS. He has ordered a ultrasound of my gallbladder to check for stones...if I have any, he will remove gallbladder during DS and if I don't, the gallbladder will stay put. He also ordered a barium swallow with food, YUCK....to ck out my sleeve and assure food is passing through properly since I suffer with a LOT of nausea.
The only semi-negative was his nurse(he didn't mention a word about it) said I need to start a 1200 calorie diet now and then they want you on a 800 calorie/6 protein shake diet starting 2 wks before surgery date. As many on here have stated, I don't see the use in such a restricted 1200 diet right now, but their thinking is it gets you into a weight loss pattern...shrinks the liver (which since they're not reducing my stomach, not sure if that's necessary), etc. Honestly, at this point, I would probably stand on my head 12 hrs a day if they asked me to...in order to "qualify" for the DS. I feel like that stupid commercial for people who have a structured settlement and this company says they'll get you the lump sum payment....the slogan is "It's my money, and I want it now!" ........
Well, "IT'S MY SURGERY, AND I WANT IT NOW!" Lol 

After multiple talks with all of them that day about my insurance stating that now they don't require the normal 6 month diet, weight loss before surgery, yada yada (they did when I had the VSG)...the woman who handles the billing finally had a lightbulb moment (the 3rd time I said it...lol) and said that she doesn't think they will require all of that since I have the same insurance I had for VSG and they will consider it a revision. Sooooo, I have to get a psych eval (which is office policy regardless of insurance) and then they will submit pre-authorization to my insurance. *crossing fingers, toes, and everything else* that it will go through without a hitch!!

Latest posts

Back