San Francisco Bay Area Meet up

Either lunch or brunch would be find with me. Now we need to hear from @galaxygrrl as to suggestions (and anyone else who wants to get in on the fun)

Brunch sounds lovely. Erin is there anything San Francisco specific you would like to do? Here are some choices that might work.

To go out to the beach and enjoy the sites - http://www.beachchalet.com/#coastal-seafood-brewery It's right near the legion of honor which is our fine Art museum. It's not near downtown.

For the San Francisco Urban experience brunch has lots of lines - but we can go to the Elite Cafe which takes reservations - http://www.theelitecafe.com It's in Pacific Heights which a trendy part of town.

For downtown we can go here -http://www.bluestembrasserie.com/ Food is great. Near SF MOMA.

But, let me know what you would like. San Francisco is of course wonderful.

So, looking forward to this.

Beth

Oh, and I'm happy host. I have a nice San Francisco apartment with a view of the bay and coit tower. 2 blocks from the crooked street and right near North Beach and Fisherman's Wharf.

I don't mind cooking. I make a mean corned beef hash. For this group, I'll hold the potatoes. :)

Last edited:
I don't want to create any work for you. The idea is to relax and have a good time together. But I would love to see your apartment (photos look great) and have never been to the crooked street so it would be great to see it.
If your place is close enough, maybe we could walk over to Fisherman's Wharf and find some food there? Or North Beach? There must be somewhere that would be easy for everyone and not involve any special effort from you. And these are all areas that a tourist from afar might enjoy.

I don't want to create any work for you. The idea is to relax and have a good time together. But I would love to see your apartment (photos look great) and have never been to the crooked street so it would be great to see it.
If your place is close enough, maybe we could walk over to Fisherman's Wharf and find some food there? Or North Beach? There must be somewhere that would be easy for everyone and not involve any special effort from you. And these are all areas that a tourist from afar might enjoy.

I like entertaining, so it would be my pleasure. So, if Erin is game, I'd love to have everyone over. Or we could go out. Erin, let us know what you would like.

Also, since Erin is visiting, Erin, let us know if there are tourist things you want to do. The big highlights near my house are Coit tower - sweeping views of San Francisco from the top. Alcatrez -which if you have not done it's so worth doing - which really does not take much time, and of course the crooked street. Larra, since you have never been to the crooked street, you must drive down it. :)

I have been to SF before, but only for a couple of days and now 6+ years ago! So I'm up for all things touristy. I'd also feel bad putting you out to cook for everyone, but I'm equally happy to stay in or go out. I'd suggest though that with everyone's unique dietary requirements plus usual food fussiness, out might be easier for you!

I have been to SF before, but only for a couple of days and now 6+ years ago! So I'm up for all things touristy. I'd also feel bad putting you out to cook for everyone, but I'm equally happy to stay in or go out. I'd suggest though that with everyone's unique dietary requirements plus usual food fussiness, out might be easier for you!

Well it's only two people, but I get everyone's dietary needs are different. How about this. We can meet at my house - since Larra would like to see it - go look at the Crooked Street and get something to eat in North Beach or Fishermen's Wharf and then, go to Alcatraz. And take the Cable Car back up the Hill. Larra, does that work for you? My guess is this is four hours.

We can cut Alactrez, but it's so cool. The only reason I'm suggesting Alactrez is because I've been all over Europe and the US and it's one of my favorite things, so if you have not done it Erin, you should. ;-) If not Alactrez, we should do Coit Tower which is fast and fun, but we are driving up Telegraph Hill.

Larra, just deferring to you, since I don't know what your time is like. Excited to meet you both.

Oh, and I'm happy host. I have a nice San Francisco apartment with a view of the bay and coit tower. 2 blocks from the crooked street and right near North Beach and Fisherman's Wharf. Here it is.

I don't mind cooking. I make a mean corned beef hash. For this group, I'll hold the potatoes. :)
Galaxygrrl, for safety's sake (and this is a publicly accessible forum) please delete your link and just send it in private.

Even though I live relatively close by, I don't get to the city often and would enjoy touristy things as well. I'm not so sure about actually driving down the crooked street, but definitely would like to see it, and maybe Fisherman's Wharf for a combo of tourist attraction and food? Or North Beach, I'm sure you know good places to eat there as well. I don't know about Alcatraz this time of year - it's cold out! But just walking around a bit either at Fisherman's Wharf or North Beach would be fun. I'm a simple soul.

I wish I could join all of you. Eat a big ass bowl of cioppino and big cluster of dungeness crab as well, for me. and yes eat the crustini too, dipped in the wonderful broth/sauce. Dammit I am hungry now!

I'm here! After an exceedingly long and poorly organised immigration experience, I made it in last night. Have been spending my time hanging out with my friend and her new baby so far.

I got a US SIM this morning, so I'll PM you guys the details. :)

I'm home! Happy to be back in my nice warm house, but had a great time meeting @galaxygrrl and @harrietvane . We had a lovely lunch and chat together, and they are both awesome women. I got to elevate my blood pressure and heart rate driving up and down some steep hills, but survived.
It's fun to meet people that we have already met here! And @galaxygrrl we should get together again sometime since we live relatively close together. My home doesn't look at all like yours (2 big dogs, various kitties...and no views) but you are always welcome. @harrietvane is welcome too, but it's a bit of a commute for her.

Latest posts

Back