San Francisco Bay Area Meet up

galaxygrrl

Hi all!

So, @harrietvane is coming to town from Asia! I thought it would be awesome to get together. @Larra @DianaCox and anyone else in the Bay Area are you game? I think you are both in the South Bay and Harriet will be in Hayward. How about somewhere near Palo Alto. I'm in SF.

Cheers,

Beth

Hi all!

So, @harrietvane is coming to town from Asia! I thought it would be awesome to get together. @Larra @DianaCox and anyone else in the Bay Area are you game? I think you are both in the South Bay and Harriet will be in Hayward. How about somewhere near Palo Alto. I'm in SF.

Cheers,

Beth
Diana has moved out of California. But there are others in that area.

I'd love to meet up with both of you. I was going to suggest Chinese food, but @harrietvane might be heartily sick of it since she lives in Singapore. Though of course our Americanized version could be very different, and we could definitely find protein options.
Keep me posted on details. And what on earth is she doing in pokie little Hayward, of all places?

I live just a few miles from Hayward and used to work there. I'm sure we can find somewhere to get together.

Hooray! We can do Hayward too. Harriet, what are you up for. Is there a town you want to see, somewhere you want to go?

Damn! We moved to the Phoenix area 5 days ago! (Goodyear for anyone familiar with the area.)

We have a contract on a house and are hoping that the issues found on inspection will be cleared up quickly - but only Charles will be going back up to San Jose the first week of January to arrange for our belongings to be shipped down here from storage, because I will have to stay with the cats. :-( I'm so sorry to miss you.

Damn! We moved to the Phoenix area 5 days ago! (Goodyear for anyone familiar with the area.)

We have a contract on a house and are hoping that the issues found on inspection will be cleared up quickly - but only Charles will be going back up to San Jose the first week of January to arrange for our belongings to be shipped down here from storage, because I will have to stay with the cats. :-( I'm so sorry to miss you.

I'm sorry we will miss you.

Diana was always our gracious hostess when she lived here, and I miss her already. We will have to figure out something without her for this get together.

Ladies,

Lets pick a date. Harriet, when are you in town? Larra, want to pick a place, I live in SF and really don't know Hayward.

Who else wants to come. So excited.

I'm excited to meet both of you. Larra, I feel like I owe you so much. You found me somewhere else and told me about this board. Without, I would have had a hard time finding Dr. Esquerra and really making Mexico work.

Harriet, I want to hear all your life, it sounds so exciting.

Beth

Wednesdays are not good for me, and I have a commitment for the 15th. Almost anything else will work. There isn't a whole lot in Hayward except for a pretty good (but definitely not upscale!) Chinese buffet on Mission Blvd. There is a better one in Newark, but it would be further for both of you and probably for anyone else who wants to get in on this.
Another option would be to meet up in San Francisco, where there are lots of good places, and I bet @galaxygrrl knows some of them since she lives in the city. I could probably pick @harrietvane up on the way North to the city since I live South of Hayward.

@Larra that sounds great. I'm still waiting to hear from my girlfriend what her schedule is. But she's away the weekend of the 17th, so what about that Sunday night (18th)? Would that work for people?

Also, my name is Erin, by the way! I will be getting a US SIM when I land, so I will let you know my number.

I was thinking more of a lunch time get together, esp this time of year when it's cold and dark early. I'm a wuss when it comes to weather. But I'm willing to be flexible, and the advantage of Sunday would be avoiding the awful traffic getting in and out of San Francisco on weekdays. So let's see what @galaxygrrl has to say, and also suggestions about where to meet up in the city.
PS I can't, just can't, eat spicy food. Never could. And I love Chinese food, but still recall @harrietvane 's hilarious description of the typical Singapore diet of rice, noodles, and rice, so if she wants something different I'm open to non-spicy suggestions.

Latest posts

Back