Proud Dad Moment -

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
I shared the following on FB today, but some of you aren't on FB and you have been so supportive of Cameron and me.....so I am proud Dad and have to update all of you.

So I am going to be that parent for a moment because I am very proud of Cameron Reicheneker . Most of you know that Cameron is a St Jude kid "alumni" who beat his cancer quickly but most people don't realize that killing the cancer was the easy part for him. Cameron's ordeal started during his treatment and little did we know would be affecting him 6 years after wining his battle. He has had somewhere around 20 surgeries since 2010, including the one that found his Hodgjkin Lymphoma. I couldn't even begin to count how many ER visits, hospital admissions, days in the hospital, days in ICU where once or twice we thought we might lose him. The physical toll on his body and the toll on his mind was enormous. He lost nearly two years of his educational pursuit when he had to take a break from Bradley University to focus on getting healthy, but he fought through and is healthy now. Cameron is going to school full time at University of Illinois Springfield (my undergrad Alma Mater) full time and landed a full time internship with Marine Parts support for Caterpillar. While doing all of that he saw that an Innonvation Case Study for college students was being held by Caterpillar. He formed a team and earlier this year they won that competition!

Today he sent to me a picture of the trophy he received for winning the Caterpillar Innovation Case Study competition a few months ago. This accomplishment brought back a ton of emotion for me and I just have to say just how proud Dianna and I are of where Cameron has been and where he is today.. I just hit the highlights of what Cameron battled through but there was much more. Cameron went to the brink several times but he fought his way back and he is going to be very successful in life because he has a drive to be the best he can be.

So forgive me for being "that Dad" but I am very proud of you and we love you Cameron.
25552075_10211625980828178_105095397856153450_n.jpg

I just saw this. (Or maybe I saw it before but don't remember due to concussion?) Anyway, what a guy! (He must have a great mom.)

Nothing to forgive. Parents HAVE to brag on their kids. It's a law.

I'm happy for Cameron. I hope the entire family celebrates this achievement. We're joining you in spirit.

I just saw this. (Or maybe I saw it before but don't remember due to concussion?) Anyway, what a guy! (He must have a great mom.)
Bahahahahaaahahaha! I literally just laughed out loud. Thank you and Dianna is a fantastic Mother who should be nominated for Sainthood from what Cameron and I have put her through.

I am very proud of Cameron and how has pulled his life together. Just a couple years ago we really were fearful we were going to lose him.

Nothing to forgive. Parents HAVE to brag on their kids. It's a law.

I'm happy for Cameron. I hope the entire family celebrates this achievement. We're joining you in spirit.
Thank you so much my friend. We certainly did celebrate and he just recently received even more good news after finishing his fall semester at the University of Illinois at Springfield. He earned all A's this semester so he was able to bring his cumulative GPA up that was negatively impacted from his time at Bradley University when he was struggling mightily with his health and he had a couple classes in which he didn't do well. That cumulative GPA even though he was at a different University and program, was being counted by the internship program at CAT and impacted his pay rate and other benefits of the program. His GPA is now above the threshold that qualifies an intern for additional $2/hour on is pay rate, all Cat Holidays and 3 paid days off every semester one is in session and working in an internship role. Who couldn't use an ext $4K and more paid time off?

Latest posts

Back