Proud Dad Bragging on Cameron

DSRIGGS

Yes, that is chocolate covered bacon
I know I haven't been around much lately as frankly I have been a bit burned out on DS groups and posting trying to help people. I will be back more because I know I will get over this.....Anyway most of you know Cameron's history and how close he and I are so I wanted you to see his latest accomplishment. We are very proud of what he has overcome and what he is doing. He is just a few months out from being gutted like a fish when he had emergency surgery that found a hole in his stomach, and then the huge wound wasn't healing properly so he had his 23rd or 24th surgery to repair an internal stitch and put in these reinforcement stitches that were basically wires cover with rubber on the outside. They never figured out why the hole in his stomach developed which is scary as hell. No it wasn't at the anastomosis on his stomach where a piece of small intestine was attached to the gravity stomach drain.

Anyway this is an article his school posted as he won a scholarship paying for his school this year.

https://www.uis.edu/colrs/students/newsletter/cameron-reicheneker/

He is working a full time paid internship in Marine Marketing for Caterpillar and is also attending full time, The University of Illinois Springfield (my undergrad Alma Mater where I graduate with honors :D ).

Mazel tov to Cameron and his proud Papa! You have every right to be proud, and it's wonderful to see Cameron doing so well after years of health problems and struggles.

Mazel tov to Cameron and his proud Papa! You have every right to be proud, and it's wonderful to see Cameron doing so well after years of health problems and struggles.
Hello my friend and thank you very much. I am so proud of what he has overcome. He is stronger than I am but he reminds me so much of myself. He's driven, goal oriented, cares about people and isn't going to step on people to get ahead in his career. He wants to do good for this world well doing good for himself and his significant other.

Hello my friend and thank you very much. I am so proud of what he has overcome. He is stronger than I am but he reminds me so much of myself. He's driven, goal oriented, cares about people and isn't going to step on people to get ahead in his career. He wants to do good for this world well doing good for himself and his significant other.
Thanks Cara

Congratulations! That is wonderful news!!!!
Thank you Hilary. Hope you and your son are well.

Loved reading the article and i also loved hearing the pride and love in your “voice” ,Scott!
Thank you my friend. I am very proud of Cameron and his little, well 6'3, brother Collin. They are both grown and out of the house but I still love them more than anything in the world. ..well their Mother too. :D

Latest posts

Back