Pre-op vitamins

jojo99

Hi! I am hopefully about 2.5 months from surgery. I wanted to start with some pre-op vitamins to get ready. I know there is a list or thread here somewhere, but I can't find it. If someone could just link it here for me, I'd be so grateful.

Thanks! Johelen

My surgeon did a blood test (the extensive 9 vial one) pre-op and then decided what vitamins that I needed (only D). I'm not sure if that's the norm but I didn't take anything else pre-op.

Moved to the vitamins forum.

As to what I did preop was address KNOWN issues like my D but the rest just stayed with a good Centrum Equivalent multi like the Kirkland Daily multi. However, pre-op I only took one multi a day. Now, post-op *I* take three multi's a day.

My D, I used the Dry D3 50,000 daily for the 2 months prior to surgery. I had been in the toilet as far as D since 2007 when they could not even measure it. That was LONG before my DS. My PCP at the time gave me the green oil based football shapped ones that are 50,000 and I took one a week. That got my level from not measurable to 15. (range at the time was 15-50). Then when I decided on WLS and got my D tested as part of my annual, I switched to the Dry D3. I took 2 a week at first, got me to the mid 20's. So in October of 2010 when I knew my surgery date of Jan 24th 2011, I started taing the Dry D3 50,000 every day. Got it to the mid 50's by the time they pulled pre-op labs (by then the range was 25-80).

Now the range is 30-100 and I take 50,000 Dry M-F and 100,000 Dry on S & S and mine came in last time at 120. I am not cutting back cause if you notice, the medical community keeps MOVING the upper range from 50 in 2007 to 80 in 2010 to 100 in 2012. If the medical community can't decide what the range is, how is a lay person suppose to know???

Latest posts

Back