PANIC city: Greenbaum patients, feedback please.

Onelastshot

My surgery is at Virtua Memorial in Mount Holly NJ on Friday. I am from PA and have never been to this hospital. The hosptial I have visited for office visits with Dr. Greenbaum have been at Virtua in Moorestown. It is clean and seems fine.

I just read reviews for the Virtua Memorial, Mount Holly, NJ location and am starting to panic. Is it dirty? The reviews are terrible!!! Please, if you had your procedure there let me know how it was.

I think you should talk to the surgeon about any doubts, but if it helps, the 2015 rating for patient safety for this hospital using data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid was an "A". Maybe you were looking at older reviews?

It's a bit above average in 2017 Consumer Reports, and CR gives it better than average ratings for cleanliness, but not for noise (Bring earplugs).

It's a good idea to take notes during hospitalization on your phone if you encounter a great employee (or not so great) and to tell them about any problems with cleanliness or noise or delays in getting your meds. They appreciate getting some positive feedback and even appropriate negative feedback. My husband is a hospital executive and the things people complain about are often over the top (the color of paint in the room, for example) but sometimes important.

Wishing you a great recovery!

http://www.consumerreports.org/heal...tings/virtua-memorial-6220730-report-card.htm

http://www.healthcarefinancenews.co...tals-earned-fall-2015-leapfrog-safety-ratings

I think you should talk to the surgeon about any doubts, but if it helps, the 2015 rating for patient safety for this hospital using data from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid was an "A". Maybe you were looking at older reviews?

It's a bit above average in 2017 Consumer Reports, and CR gives it better than average ratings for cleanliness, but not for noise (Bring earplugs).

It's a good idea to take notes during hospitalization on your phone if you encounter a great employee (or not so great) and to tell them about any problems with cleanliness or noise or delays in getting your meds. They appreciate getting some positive feedback and even appropriate negative feedback. My husband is a hospital executive and the things people complain about are often over the top (the color of paint in the room, for example) but sometimes important.

Wishing you a great recovery!

http://www.consumerreports.org/heal...tings/virtua-memorial-6220730-report-card.htm

http://www.healthcarefinancenews.co...tals-earned-fall-2015-leapfrog-safety-ratings
I second Kathryn's suggestions. I would add that you may want to delegate some of the note taking to anyone who will be with you. I was too loopy to do that the first day. Maybe not quite like this, but everyone needs an advocate:

I had surgery with Dr. Greenbaum. The hospital is nice. I don't know why the bad reviews. I had a private room and was very comfortable.

My surgery is at Virtua Memorial in Mount Holly NJ on Friday. I am from PA and have never been to this hospital. The hosptial I have visited for office visits with Dr. Greenbaum have been at Virtua in Moorestown. It is clean and seems fine.

I just read reviews for the Virtua Memorial, Mount Holly, NJ location and am starting to panic. Is it dirty? The reviews are terrible!!! Please, if you had your procedure there let me know how it was.
I've had multiple surgeries in this hospital over a period of more than 20 years and have accompanied both family members and friends through surgeries there. It's fine. My only aggravating experience in the place was in the ER, a very long time ago, when I got sub-par treatment that was based in fat bias. But that was a totally different scenario from going in for a DS with Dr. Greenbaum. He is a true roaring lion about his patients. If anything bugs you, call him and things will happen in a hurry.

@Elizabeth N. WHERE have you been!! Sorry to hijack the thread, but I've missed you. I hope you are in beautiful (so I've been told) Montana and doing well.

Thanks! Yup, I arrived in MT a year ago last fall, and Mr. EN followed this past spring. It's very good to be gone from NJ--although Mr. EN thinks we all lied to him about winters here being milder (or at least no worse) than in the Mid-Atlantic. It's been a bugger of a winter, and plenty left to go.

Latest posts

Back