OMG the smells

JPreiss

its like being first trimester pregnant again! 9 hours in airports and flights yesterday was torture. The woman sitting next to me on one of my flights brought on some sort of onion bagel sandwich concoction for gods sake and I wanted to hurl. Had to breathe through my mouth until she ate the damn thing. Hope this sensitivity to food and drink smells passes soon. Otherwise kids will be eating bland food for a while. They come ask home later today. Will be nice. Felt pretty isolated down in Mexicali by myself.

Glad you're home and you'll be back with your kids today. You know, the smell thing is so weirdly arbitrary. I can't stand the smell of "fake" sugars. For whatever reason, I can now smell them in everything. The only substitute that doesn't bother me is truvia.

Other than the onion, how were the long hours of travel?
I made it. Unfortunately had diarrhea on and off all day which made things a little stressful worrying about getting to the bathroom while we are landing etc but made it through ok. The airport wheelchairs were a good call.

You know, there are benefits. I loved walking on the beach and smelling the ocean after surgery. It was strong like when I was a little kid.

Last edited:
I could not believe that the smell of my beloved strong coffee grossed me out for the first two months. Thankfully, it went away.

I was overly sensitive to salt. Couldn't stand the taste or the smell of it for 3-4 months after surgery. It gets better. I promise.:D

Glad you're home safe! My husband is a crunchy hippie, and I hurt his feelings so many times because I would go to rest my head on his shoulder, then retract my gesture quickly! I felt like he smelled awful. Same with him and my son trying to kiss me! I felt horrible! I also felt like I smelled bad, as well, despite everyone assuring me that I didn't!

Latest posts

Back