Oil slick

-Flo-

Ok, so I'm reading a lot of posts that talk about oil slicks. Now I was expecting stinky poop but I never thought about oilly. Does it not flush? Does it leave a ring? How can I prevent it or treat it? Thanks for any tips

It happens when you eat too much fat. You can control through diet for the most part. Yes it flushes but if you let it sit too long it can form a ring. No big deal.

Since we malabsorb fat, it has to go SOMEWHERE. YMMV. I have never had this happen. Perhaps I don't malabsorb as much as others and/or I don;t eat too much fat.

Since we malabsorb fat, it has to go SOMEWHERE. YMMV. I have never had this happen. Perhaps I don't malabsorb as much as others and/or I don;t eat too much fat.
It goes in cycles for me. I go a long time without having any and then some days it just happens. My diet doesn't really change, but when it happens I try to eat very lean as this is when accidents can happen......that is when sharting can happen.

You might have to clean the toilet a little more often, but it's rarely an obnoxious issue once you've healed, unless you eat something that makes your guts go crazy.

Thank you guys for answering. I was imaging the toilet looking like the ocean after an oil tanker leak. Glad to hear its not that bad.

Nah people tend to worry way too much about the poop thing. We all poop and it is gross, but everybody poops.

I have never, in two years had trouble with oil slicks. I can only think of one time when I might have had one. Chili!

I'm waiting to stop, to put it bluntly, shitting through the eye of a needle. Generally go twice a day, but it's very liquid and soft solids.

All meals are high protein, very few carbs, and I've added in my calcium now which I had hoped would firm things up.

At least my cat now knows my first stop out of bed in the morning is the loo!

I'm waiting to stop, to put it bluntly, shitting through the eye of a needle. Generally go twice a day, but it's very liquid and soft solids.

All meals are high protein, very few carbs, and I've added in my calcium now which I had hoped would firm things up.

At least my cat now knows my first stop out of bed in the morning is the loo!
I find that the calcium and the protein shakes tends to keep things firmed up for the most part. Today I went to dinner with my daughter at the soup plantation. It's a soup and salad all you can eat buffet with pizza and pasta. I was able to eat a small salad for the first time and had some soup. So far so good no ill effects as yet but it's early yet.

As far as sale goes, be careful with the greens and veggies. Lettuce can be rough and at your stage one bite of tomato would make me vomit. One of the few things that ever has. Now I have no issues at all with them.

A DS salad is typically a tiny bit if the veggies and a lot of dressing, cheese and bacon.

Non flour based soup based soups with meat have been and excellent source of protein and liquids for me from early on.

Latest posts

Back