Oficially 1 week post-op update.

jim1969

My recovery has been awesome! I have been walking a mile a day on the treadmill at a slow pace so I don't hurt anything but still get up and get the blood flowing.
I have been getting 80 - 100 grams protein in and at least 100 ounces of water a day. Started on a multivitamin and calcium citrate. Im going to keep adding in vitamins unless something bugs me.
I started my journey at 293#, SW 279#, and my current weight is 269#. So I have lost 24 pounds in 3 weeks.
My only downfall so far was adding silk milk into my protein drink instead of water. I was so gassy yesterday it was terrible. I spent a lot of time in the bathroom sitting on the throne. lol
I wont be doing that anytime soon!

Show off!

Just kidding. You're doing better than I was 2 months out. Good for you.
I do feel like a show off! I expected way worse and a slower go at it. Im blessed to have recovered this well. I know it is not the norm!

Show off!

Just kidding. You're doing better than I was 2 months out. Good for you.
yeah I want to face punch him as well! :p

I feel like Jim is doing better than me and I am 2.5 years post original DS and 6 months post revision.

Take it easy Jim. Do what you can but don't push yourself too hard.

And, from personal experience, monitor your #2. If it starts to firm up, add some fat quickly and start taking stool softeners. I didn't pay enough attention and wound up with an anal fissure, which really took the fun out of recovery.

I second high fiving Jim. In the face. With a chair.

And I do not know on WHAT PLANET you DS'rs are having firm stools? I'm thinking I need a bucket of Imodium!!

I second high fiving Jim. In the face. With a chair.

And I do not know on WHAT PLANET you DS'rs are having firm stools? I'm thinking I need a bucket of Imodium!!
It will firm up when you start calcium citrate

yeah I want to face punch him as well! :p

I feel like Jim is doing better than me and I am 2.5 years post original DS and 6 months post revision.

Take it easy Jim. Do what you can but don't push yourself too hard.
LOL! I'm not pushing anything at this point just doing what my body will let me.

Latest posts

Back