Oficially 1 week post-op update.

And, from personal experience, monitor your #2. If it starts to firm up, add some fat quickly and start taking stool softeners. I didn't pay enough attention and wound up with an anal fissure, which really took the fun out of recovery.
Good Advice! Thanks

@jim1969 glad you are doing so well! that Silk Milk you mentioned is probably a big hit of carbs so probably why it 'tore you up'. do take it easy - one thing this surgery has taught me is to hear my body. I used to think I was listening to it - but realize now I was not hearing it. :) somedays you may not feel like that much activity and that is ok too. You have baby guts so be gentle with you. It all comes.

If Silk Milk is too carb-y: I couldn't swallow protein powder made with water (except Unjury chicken). As soon as I was out of the clear phase and in the "any" liquid phase, I mixed pp with 5x Protein So Delicious Almond Plus unsweetened. Protein 5gr, Carb 1 gr. (Then I decided I hated PP no matter what it is in and stick with Premier Protein RTD.)

If Silk Milk is too carb-y: I couldn't swallow protein powder made with water (except Unjury chicken). As soon as I was out of the clear phase and in the "any" liquid phase, I mixed pp with 5x Protein So Delicious Almond Plus unsweetened. Protein 5gr, Carb 1 gr. (Then I decided I hated PP no matter what it is in and stick with Premier Protein RTD.)
I really wanted to like the 5x Protein So Delicious Almond Plus unsweetened - I bought a case of it - but I couldn't handle the rice and pea protein it contains. Fortunately, my husband liked it so it didn't go to waste. Maybe it will work for you...

My recovery has been awesome! I have been walking a mile a day on the treadmill at a slow pace so I don't hurt anything but still get up and get the blood flowing.
I have been getting 80 - 100 grams protein in and at least 100 ounces of water a day. Started on a multivitamin and calcium citrate. Im going to keep adding in vitamins unless something bugs me.
I started my journey at 293#, SW 279#, and my current weight is 269#. So I have lost 24 pounds in 3 weeks.
My only downfall so far was adding silk milk into my protein drink instead of water. I was so gassy yesterday it was terrible. I spent a lot of time in the bathroom sitting on the throne. lol
I wont be doing that anytime soon!
Wow, you're having one of the smoothest recoveries I've heard of! Keep up the great work!

I was wondering how long before the man card was played!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Oh you will hear that a lot around here. We are certainly outnumbered!!!!!!! :D

On a serious note I think it is a myth that we lose quicker and more. I think that is 100% dependent upon the way the DS was performed (CC & AL/Total SBL) and sex doesn't matter. If anyone has any data to show that men lose more quickly please do share. I lost very fast because, well you guys know that story.

So do you like the Premier Protein RTD? Do you know if they have a powder or if it only comes RTD? I haven't tried this one but need to go to COSTCO later today so I will pick up some of this as I can't stand the damn mixes either. I can drink the ensures but that aren't a good protein to carb ratio.

Thanks

So do you like the Premier Protein RTD? Do you know if they have a powder or if it only comes RTD?

Only RTD. They have bars too but with 25r carb so fugeddaboutit.

I got this at Costco and drank one for breakfast for many years. Then about 3 years ago they switched to a twist off lid and dramatically changed the recipe - it tasted like a roll of Smarties had been dissolved in the chocolate. It was so bad I spit it out and threw out all the containers. (Should have taken it back to Costco.) I never drank another until I decided to try one more time after the DS. Well, they changed the recipe back and it's pretty good. I have several hundred dollars worth of Unjury Chocolate Splendor and can't choke that down. I was thinking of experimenting with using the vanilla flavor Premier Protein as the liquid with the Unjury Chocolate Splendor for a 51gr of protein drink -- anything to use up the Unjury.

Only RTD. They have bars too but with 25r carb so fugeddaboutit.

I got this at Costco and drank one for breakfast for many years. Then about 3 years ago they switched to a twist off lid and dramatically changed the recipe - it tasted like a roll of Smarties had been dissolved in the chocolate. It was so bad I spit it out and threw out all the containers. (Should have taken it back to Costco.) I never drank another until I decided to try one more time after the DS. Well, they changed the recipe back and it's pretty good. I have several hundred dollars worth of Unjury Chocolate Splendor and can't choke that down. I was thinking of experimenting with using the vanilla flavor Premier Protein as the liquid with the Unjury Chocolate Splendor for a 51gr of protein drink -- anything to use up the Unjury.
So you do only the vanilla or is the chocolate good too?

I only do chocolate. Years ago I tried either the vanilla or the strawberry (can't remember now) and thought it was too artificial tasting. But I think they've played with the recipes so that may have changed. I may buy a small 4 pack from Walmart of van and straw -- don;t want to commit to the Costco sized.

I only do chocolate. Years ago I tried either the vanilla or the strawberry (can't remember now) and thought it was too artificial tasting. But I think they've played with the recipes so that may have changed. I may buy a small 4 pack from Walmart of van and straw -- don;t want to commit to the Costco sized.
Ah, I thought it was COSTCO only so I will definitely do the 4 pack size from Walmart or Target if they have it.

Thanks

I do the RTD vanilla of the Premier occasionally - don't really care for the chocolate. I am an Unjury girl. I do a chocolate splendor every morning in 4 pz half and half and 4 oz of water. Last night wanted something sweet so did the same thing and added couple tablespoons of peanut butter and ice. it was milk shaky.

@Clematis - if you want to get rid of your unjury - I'll buy it from you. I know that stuff is expensive. I use it to make fat bombs too - mixed it with Peanut butter - cream cheese and butter then put them in the freezer. They were good - a bit grainy so next time gonna put them in the food processor.

I use the vanilla in coffee - usually get sleepy in the afternoon so make me a cup of vanilla biscotti coffee - add ½ and ½ to cool it a bit and then mix in my scoop of vanilla - quite tasty. Might be too sweet for some folks but I enjoy it.

Latest posts

Back