NYC surgeons

brooklyngirl

Yankee gone south
Hey guys, so my dad may finally be ready for WLS. With his set of issues (mainly diabetes, HBP, sleep apnea) I'd like for him to have the DS, but it's not up to me. What I will INSIST on is that he at least see a surgeon that does the DS so he can get the full range of info and know his best options. I was just looking at DSfacts and Inabet and Roslin are the only surgeons listed in NYC. I feel like I've seen other names mentioned over the past months that I've been around. Any other suggestions or recommendations of places to look?

Dr Roslin is ok, but he refused me as to complicated for his hospital to handle. pomp also turned me away, dakin went with pomp on that. Dr. Francesco Rubino, MD is my first choice. He would of cared for me, but being associated with Pomp, could not, he assisted in referring me to Dr Anthone in Omaha who I was already scheduled with. I could only have a open D S. wls, no option for the others, and dr anthone , pomp, and herron had the experience I needed. Anthone stepped up to the plate. Im going to see him on Tuesday for a hernia repair.
goole Dr. Francesco Rubino, MD he is amazing, and a really nice guy too. google

Dr Roslin is ok, but he refused me as to complicated for his hospital to handle. pomp also turned me away, dakin went with pomp on that. Dr. Francesco Rubino, MD is my first choice. He would of cared for me, but being associated with Pomp, could not, he assisted in referring me to Dr Anthone in Omaha who I was already scheduled with. I could only have a open D S. wls, no option for the others, and dr anthone , pomp, and herron had the experience I needed. Anthone stepped up to the plate. Im going to see him on Tuesday for a hernia repair.
goole Dr. Francesco Rubino, MD he is amazing, and a really nice guy too. google
Wow, do you mind if I ask what they thought was too complicated?

I had a Nissan fundoplication in place. and I have diabetes insipudus. roslin opted out I think because of politics. pomp because it had to be open. Ganger had no problem but he doesn't take insurance. Aetna had network restrictions that wouldn't let me go to anthone, it was a east coast network, my Tricare refused the ds, I appealed all the way to the secretary of the navy with my congress man and a lawyer as part of my being a dav. once I qualified for medicare, I got surgery in 30 days.

I had Pomp & Gagner do mine. They have good aftercare. I work with the DS nutrits. and they've learned as time has gone by. They had a good base to begin with (a bit leaning toward RNY eating but it was almost 10 years ago). Nowadays, when we go over my labs every 6 mos. they kind of let me call the shots and just add in if they think there is an issue.

The office can be challenging; but if it's an emergency I can get through. The yearly appt. is rough. The wait time is incredible (pretty much however you try and plan it).

Overall, though, I feel and felt I'm getting good care.

Dh used Dr. Pomp and loves him. His nut actually GETS the DS way of eating. And they are fine with the Vitalady routine of vitamins.
Liz g is the best I cycled thru her three times as I went through the 6 month supervision crap with each of the doctor s jerking me around for five years while I got sicker

Latest posts

Back