NYC surgeons accepting Medicaid/Medicare?

It is experimental. Long term results unknown. Insurance likely won't cover it if they find out he did that.
And because I don't like how it is being passed off as "a modified DS." It isn't.
Compare DS to SADI on this page: http://www.dssurgery.com/procedures/compare-weight-loss-surgical-procedures.php
The comparison is very soft-pedelled:
(AW CRAP - again, it looked properly formatted when I copied it, but now it doesn't - and even after I tried to fix it, it still is screwed up)

SADI
Approximately 75% of the stomach is removed (irreversible)
The small bowel rerouted to limit Fat and protein absorption
Gallbladder removed
Small bowel is maintained in one loop.
The long term outcome is unknown
Theoretical chance of Bile reflux gastritis

Duodenal Switch
Approximately 75% of the stomach is removed (irreversible)
The small bowel rerouted to limit carbohydrate, fat and protein absorption
Gallbladder removed
Small Bowel in two parallel channels
Long term outcome known
No Chance of Bile reflux

Last edited:
Hi. Welcome. And a word of caution, although this comes from California not New York.

My cousin's son has Down Syndrome and, because of that, is a permanent Medi/Medi patient. She has encountered situations where doctors will take his Medicare, but will NOT take his Medicaid, and since he has both, he is not accepted as a patient.

That is...even though they would take him with ONLY Medicare, his having both insurances makes him unacceptable. (And he is not allowed to go under the Medicare alone.)

Go figure.

Huh?? EN, I don't see anything here that indicates victimhood. I found tooshky elsewhere (you can guess where) and suggested she come here. Didn't see any signs of victimhood there, either.

Thought that might be the case, I will look elsewhere...but if the interactions are on facebook I won't see them, as I must the the last person west of the Mississippi who isn't on Facebook.

well, it doesn't have to be that big of a deal. hopefully we can be a board where there is enough going on to interest people so a little snark just fades into the background.

at some point! ;)

Jackie, I hope so too. And since I'm the level headed one (as always) I will say that both parties are partly right. It's ok to ask questions...but also very reasonable to get to know the website first, read what is already there, and to use the search function, because the same questions do tend to be asked often and the answers are there for all to see. And some of the people who have generously provided these answers, over and over, get tired to answering them over and over. Though perhaps some of that frustration got piled onto a new person who thought she was just asking a question.

I have no problem with the point she was making, maybe she was right. I just had a problem with her delivery, there was absolutely no need for that. Thank you for your concern though, Larra.

Latest posts

Back