NYC surgeons accepting Medicaid/Medicare?

tooshky

Hey everyone! I'm in the very beginning of my research phase and thought I'd ask if anyone knows a surgeon in the NYC area who performs the DS and accepts my insurance.

Thanks in advance <3

Hi Tooshky, interesting name - DSers should be along soon, meanwhile welcome.

BMD-Puppy-Welcome.jpg

Welcome.

Weill Cornell's website states that Dr. Pomp accepts Medicare and Dr. Dakin accepts Medicaid. However, it looks out of date to me. I'd give the office a call.

Lenox Hill's website says it accepts Medicare.

Not sure about Mt. Sinai. Others will come along who might know.

Update:

DS surgeons accepting both Medicare and Medicaid:

Dr. Daniel M. Herron
Mount Sinai
212-824-2350

Dr. William B. Inabnet
Columbia
212-305-4000

Dr. Mitchell Roslin
Lenox Hill
212-434-3285

DS surgeon accepting Medicare only

Dr. Alfons Pomp
Weill-Cornell
212-746-5294

Hope this helps someone!

Welcome @tooshky! I am newbie, almost 6 weeks post op, so don't know much about NY surgeons. Looks like^ you are self motivated and great at researching for yourself. That is going to benefit you for sure with the DS.

OOOO You've called and gotten the updated info already? AWESOME!! Thanks for already making an important contribution to our site info.

:D

Hi Tooshky! Glad you found your way here. As you can already see, there is a lot more action here.

Be advised that some of the surgeons named in this thread might not be doing the DS anymore, or might try to talk you out of it. Your best bet is Lenox Hill and Dr. Roslin. Just make sure you insist on the classic DS and not the SADI, aka single anastomosis DS, which he is doing on some patients and which some of us here don't consider to be a real DS.

Larra

Again, and again - watch out for Roslin trying to slip you a SADI, only calling it something misleading like "a modified DS." DEMAND to know what he is doing, and DEMAND that he not do something different.

Again, and again - watch out for Roslin trying to slip you a SADI, only calling it something misleading like "a modified DS." DEMAND to know what he is doing, and DEMAND that he not do something different.
Can you elaborate on this procedure and why I should steer clear? Thanks!

Latest posts

Back