NYC Get together? 1/27, Late Lunch?

It was so nice to meet EN, Ms Vee, and AAA!! We need to do that more often! Always good to see DC, Charles and Marti too! I finally finished that massive sandwich for dinner last night.

It was so nice to meet EN, Ms Vee, and AAA!! We need to do that more often! Always good to see DC, Charles and Marti too! I finally finished that massive sandwich for dinner last night.

LOL I was wondering how many meals you were going to get out of that sucker!

It was really nice to get together. And, I'm still eating the leftovers, lol!
We need to do this again! I'm all pleased with myself for figuring out the subway, so I'm feeling more confident about navigating the Big City without going broke on cabs :).

Speaking of going broke on cabs - we got to SFO last night, and hadn't asked any of our kids to come pick us up - thought we'd just cab the 35 miles home. We got our luggage loaded into a tiny cab (one suitcase jammed into the front seat) and the driver pointed out that the fare would be nearly $200 with tip!!! We UNLOADED, schlepped around a 1/2 mile walk/drag with our luggage up to the second level and caught a SuperShuttle instead - ended up being the last drop-off nearly 2 hours later, but only $49.

We walked around as much as was practical over the four days, but there were a lot of cab fares involved - we probably spent $150 over the four days, plus $85 for car service to the airport yesterday. But as cold as it was, and as out of shape that we are, I think it was worth it. But I did enjoy most of the walking we did do.

We need to do this again! I'm all pleased with myself for figuring out the subway, so I'm feeling more confident about navigating the Big City without going broke on cabs :).
I am for sure going to figure out the subway for next time. Fortunately MS Vee got me back to Penn Station. But I'm going to figure it out when it's a lot warmer. :)

Latest posts

Back