No InFed for me EVER

Went for my first iron infusion. Got my test dose and about 2 mins into it, had an allergic reaction.

But there are other products with lower rates of negative reaction. I use InFed because that's where I started and I haven't had priblems. But they always tell me that if I do have a reaction, there are other choices available.

Were you told the same?

But there are other products with lower rates of negative reaction. I use InFed because that's where I started and I haven't had priblems. But they always tell me that if I do have a reaction, there are other choices available.

Were you told the same?
Yes, altho they tend to start with InFed as it's an older drug and usually only infusion required. (Less expense for insurance).

That's why she didn't wanna do it for me the last time I was there! I have a follow up in 2 weeks to see if it's time to get it done, I had quite a few dizzy spells in the week after my especially long and heavy last period so maybe I'm symptomatic now?

That's why she didn't wanna do it for me the last time I was there! I have a follow up in 2 weeks to see if it's time to get it done, I had quite a few dizzy spells in the week after my especially long and heavy last period so maybe I'm symptomatic now?
You're not having an Iron Panel and going by those results?

Yes, absolutely, but she had made it clear that since I was asymptomatic last time, she wasn't overly concerned about my levels since she didn't consider them "that bad".
Other than the return of my RLS and now, brittle nails, I'm asymtomatic as well. And it doesn't help that my hemoglobin is fine. BUT OTOH, my insurance DID approve the infusions.

According to the nurses in the infusion center, many have a negative reaction to InFed as it has something in it that kicks off an allergic response. Part of why they do a test dose first BUT she tried to blame me cause I PUSHED for it. I'll keep pushing!

Did you get premedicated prior? My hemo is very liberal with the pre-meds and they hardly ever see bad reactions. I get solu-medrol and a huge dose of benadryl right before.

Did you get premedicated prior? My hemo is very liberal with the pre-meds and they hardly ever see bad reactions. I get solu-medrol and a huge dose of benadryl right before.
Nope...but that's okay, I go tomorrow for my first of several of a different iron infusion. Dh is going with me in case of reaction. If no reaction, I have one Fri and another Monday. Then weekly for four after that.

Latest posts

Back