Newbie here for DS and for this site :) Lots of questions!

Amberk

Hello all! Larra suggested this site for me and I am so glad she did!!! I have been on OH for a while now.

-I am 32 years old, and had the sleeve 3 years ago/ day of surgery I was 249 (I'm 5'5')
- I lost down to 165 pounds, my goal weight was 140. I had a TT and BL last summer and stayed at 165 for a year.
-Begining in March I started to gain. I am now up to 205. I am devastated. I do workout at Crossfit 5x a week and have for almost two years now. I log my food on my fitness pal. I do have the worst sweet tooth and that's what gets me into trouble. I do not eat large portions, I stay away from pasta and bread, and have had ZERO soda (even diet) since my VSG
-I am now researching and trying to get info on the DS, I have an appt. with my doctor next week. please answer any questions you can and give your experience.

Thanks so much for any help or insight!

1) My doctor is Dr.Nick Nicholson in Plano. Has anyone used him for a DS? I know he is very well trained with gastric sleeve and bypass but not sure on DS.
2) Is the DS an easier surgery if you have already had the sleeve? The sleeve was a very hard surgery for me, but my TT was not.
3) Is it more or less expensive for a DS revision?
4) How have you done with WL if you had a sleeve turned into the DS?

Hi again, Amber! I'm so glad you're here. Hopefully some of the people with revisions will be able to answer some of your questions. I've never heard of this surgeon as doing the DS, maybe some of the folks in TX know more than I do.

Latest posts

Back