New to Bariaric Facts

jim1969

Hello Everyone-
Just a little bit about me I am a campground owner operator in northern WI. I am married to the most loving person, We have 3 Kids one son and 2 daughters their ages range from 25-15, we also are raising 2 of our grandchildren ages 5 and 3, ! dog a German Shorthair, I love to hunt, Cheer on the Green Bay Packers, Spend time with family and friends.

I have always been overweight my sophomore year I played football at 286 pounds currently at 283. Over the years carrying this extra weight has taken a toll on my body and joints. I have had many surgeries to fix me up over the years including 4 spinal surgeries 3 on my lower back and one on my neck.
So for the last 2 plus years I have been looking into having surgery going to seminars, lurking on forums, and last year started a bariatric program to have the DS.
I did my psych exam, my nutrition classes, visits with my PCP, and now I am ready for surgery but I chose a Dr who ended up doing the bait and switch on me. Needles to say I wasn't going to have any other type of surgery so Im in the process of meeting with Dr Prachand at the University of Chicago on the 9th of April.

I am also on another board and was turned on to this board by Larra. After reading some of the posts I was impressed how everyone helps each other on here and thought it would be a good idea to have another group of DSers to learn from.

Hello and welcome! I am sure you will get any help you need from here.

Which surgeon pulled the bait and switch? That way we can warn others.

Welcome Jim!! Glad you're here and I hope things work out with you at Univ of Chicago. *fingers crossed*

Welcome! Where in N. WI are you? My husband and his fam have property in the Antigo WI area and I am the only wife that joins the club for the summer camp out up that way (that in itself is a trip).. Beautiful area.. and as a lover of critters of all sort, I love game and cooking game.. Nature lover, plus hunter, plus wild plant forager.. if the winters weren't so harsh up there.. it would be a great place to build a timberframe and retire.. then again, global warming and all that..

Welcome, Jim! Glad you found us. Sorry you went through the bait n no switch experience, but good that you found out before your surgery! Lots of caring people and valuable information here!

Welcome! I'm in MN. Sorry about the 'bait and don't switch' Dr....so frustrating. The U of MN has top notch DS surgeons as well, if you need more options. Good luck!

Welcome, Jim! I had a surgeon here in NC try to pull that bait and switch thing on me too (advertised doing the DS but hadn't done even a single one since 2012) so I found a different doctor. My surgery is tomorrow.
You also need to list that surgeon in the NON Surgeons thread that EN mentioned.

Latest posts

Back