New here. 5 weeks out and I can't take it anymore

Update:
The new doc is on the ball, we're adding some mess to my reflgimen today and he had me in the IV clinic yesterday for 6 hours. My potassium and pco2 were low.
Unfortunately this new cold that startedon day is wrecking havoc on my nausea. I threw up violently last night. I had about maybe a tablespoon of broth over 30 minutes, and about 2 hours later retchin and hacking. Then cried on the floor for 20 minutes.
The spasms have been out of control as well, pure pain. Waiting to hear back from the doc, who h a been super available and attentive, about my labs. One was critically low but really don't want to end up back in the hospital.
So there'sy update. Let's hope when this cold subsides, maybe I start proving for once.

Hello everyone.
Since day 1 I have had severe nausea. By 2 weeks it was accompanied with chest pain, debilitating fatigue and complete inability to eat or drink. Last week I was admitted from the ER and in the hospital for 6 days, completely NPO with suspected pancreatitis due to high lipase and a sludge filled gall bladder. Scan, ultrasound, esophogram, blood work, etc. Esophagitits was suspected

Finally got sent home on a PICC line bc I just couldn't stay there anymore. I'm on a myriad of meds and fluids. Has an EGD yesterday revealing gastritis, an angry looking suture line and very slight narrowing that was dilated.
Today, I decided I must eat. I cannot stand for more than a minute . Sick sick sick all day.

I have a 3.5 year old and 2 year old. I am missing out on their lives. I just want to rewind 6 weeks and NOT have this surgery. I cannot handle this anymore and there's no end in sight.

I'm on the max protonix, zofran, reglan (which I try to limit bc it knocks me out), carafate, 2000 MLS fluids, was on fluconazole in case it was candida esophagitits.

When I say severe nausea, I mean a tablespoon of broth or half a popcicle makes me sick. I'm taking all my meds through my PICC line except carafate.

I'm trying to stay strong mentally, but I'm starting to deteriorate.

Thanks for reading.

Sorry typing on my phone. It's so annoying.

Update:
The new doc is on the ball, we're adding some mess to my reflgimen today and he had me in the IV clinic yesterday for 6 hours. My potassium and pco2 were low.
Unfortunately this new cold that startedon day is wrecking havoc on my nausea. I threw up violently last night. I had about maybe a tablespoon of broth over 30 minutes, and about 2 hours later retchin and hacking. Then cried on the floor for 20 minutes.
The spasms have been out of control as well, pure pain. Waiting to hear back from the doc, who h a been super available and attentive, about my labs. One was critically low but really don't want to end up back in the hospital.
So there'sy update. Let's hope when this cold subsides, maybe I start proving for once.

Hello everyone.
Since day 1 I have had severe nausea. By 2 weeks it was accompanied with chest pain, debilitating fatigue and complete inability to eat or drink. Last week I was admitted from the ER and in the hospital for 6 days, completely NPO with suspected pancreatitis due to high lipase and a sludge filled gall bladder. Scan, ultrasound, esophogram, blood work, etc. Esophagitits was suspected

Finally got sent home on a PICC line bc I just couldn't stay there anymore. I'm on a myriad of meds and fluids. Has an EGD yesterday revealing gastritis, an angry looking suture line and very slight narrowing that was dilated.
Today, I decided I must eat. I cannot stand for more than a minute . Sick sick sick all day.

I have a 3.5 year old and 2 year old. I am missing out on their lives. I just want to rewind 6 weeks and NOT have this surgery. I cannot handle this anymore and there's no end in sight.

I'm on the max protonix, zofran, reglan (which I try to limit bc it knocks me out), carafate, 2000 MLS fluids, was on fluconazole in case it was candida esophagitits.

When I say severe nausea, I mean a tablespoon of broth or half a popcicle makes me sick. I'm taking all my meds through my PICC line except carafate.

Thanks for reading.

Glad you got the vitamin deficiencies addressed and hopefully he can help you get rid of this nausea soon.

Thanks for sharing, sounds like my story. Had the DS end of July, had complications, emergency surgery days later and now still unable to eat or even keep liquids down, vomit all day long and worst of all these constant feeling that the skin on my belly is in a vice, I have no relief. I feel aged twenty years. What am I to do?
Hello everyone.

Thanks for reading.

I am so sorry for all that you have had to go through. I can't imagine dealing with everything you have had to deal with. I live in the valley of the sun (Mesa). Your PCP sounds AMAZING!! So sweet that he is working so hard to help you. Thank heavens someone is fighting for you. I really hope you find the help you need. If you end up in the valley at a hospital, Banner Gateway has a bariatric floor/unit. I really like that hospital. Please keep us updated!! You're in my thoughts!

@SmartNurse you didn't just have DS you had revision of RNY to DS, and as I recall you also had some sort of complication. I'm sorry you're still feeling crappy (that's probably not a strong enough word) but remain hopeful that time will bring you improvement. This is a huge operation. Sometimes everything goes so well it's hard to believe so much was done, and other times there are complications and a long recovery. So stay in touch with your surgeon and don't give up hope.

Update:
Day 3 of being able to eat. Finally! I actually find I am more comfortable eating than when I feel hungry. I had the HIDA scan and my gallbladder was too full of sludge to even correctly read it but I'm nowhere near wanting a gallbladder removal as my symptoms do not correlate with gallbladder disease. And there's no way in hell I'm getting another surgery anytime soon. My energy is slowly returning and although I still have strange indigestion , some pain during the day and a good amount of pain at night, I am much better and so glad I can eat. I was ending up in the IV lab way too often with hypokalemia and all sorts of bad labs. I still have my PICC line and I am receiving meds and fluids, I will celebrate when that can come out.
I am slowly seeing a light at the end of the tunnel and feeling less imprisoned by my own body. My weight loss completely halted during all the trauma, vomiting, and inability to eat. I feel like a limp fish with muscle. Once I'm well enough, I am greatly looking forward to weight training!!
Thanks for all the encouragement, it helped beyond measure!
-Kelly

Update:

@Raqandro I'm so glad you're finally feeling better! Just keep in mind that at some point in the probably not too distant future your gall bladder will need to be removed. Your tests have documented sludge and poor or non-function. I completely understand your desire to recover and gain some strength before going under the knife again (!) but realistically, you do have more surgery ahead of you. Hopefully though this will be done laparoscoopically and recovery should be nothing compared to what you have already gone through.
sorry to be a Debbie downer but that's the reality of an unhealthy gall bladder.

@Raqandro so glad you are finally on the upswing.
My HIDA indicated almost non-functioning gall bladder. I decided to get mine removed as soon as I could (I was 4 months out when mine started, was 6 months out before it got removed. BEST thing I did. And I didn't have any real symptoms except the occasional pain. NOTHING like the "typical" gall bladder attacks.

My GB was loaded with sludge as well and I had it out 2 years before the DS. It will not get better and if you are an APN you know that it is a quick and easy procedure.

I had TPN once in the hospital. Not since I've been home a week and just barely got a banana bag today. Called my PCP and requested it be mixed with D5 instead or norm saline bc I can't put on a shirt without leaning against a wall. I haven't eaten in 5 weeks. No one seems to be overly worried that I CAN'T F'ING EAT!! My surgeon is in Mexico, so can't manage any of my issues. I'm getting a Hyda scan next week. I've had just about every diagnostic test. It's beyond frustrating.
I'll talk to doc about TPN , wasn't wild about the diarrhea, but did feel better 24 hours later as far as fatigue.
Thanks!!

I didn't get diarrhea from TPN I was on it 6 months but did gain 60 pounds

Latest posts

Back