New here. 5 weeks out and I can't take it anymore

Hello everyone.
Since day 1 I have had severe nausea. By 2 weeks it was accompanied with chest pain, debilitating fatigue and complete inability to eat or drink. Last week I was admitted from the ER and in the hospital for 6 days, completely NPO with suspected pancreatitis due to high lipase and a sludge filled gall bladder. Scan, ultrasound, esophogram, blood work, etc. Esophagitits was suspected

Finally got sent home on a PICC line bc I just couldn't stay there anymore. I'm on a myriad of meds and fluids. Has an EGD yesterday revealing gastritis, an angry looking suture line and very slight narrowing that was dilated.
Today, I decided I must eat. I cannot stand for more than a minute . Sick sick sick all day.

I have a 3.5 year old and 2 year old. I am missing out on their lives. I just want to rewind 6 weeks and NOT have this surgery. I cannot handle this anymore and there's no end in sight.

I'm on the max protonix, zofran, reglan (which I try to limit bc it knocks me out), carafate, 2000 MLS fluids, was on fluconazole in case it was candida esophagitits.

When I say severe nausea, I mean a tablespoon of broth or half a popcicle makes me sick. I'm taking all my meds through my PICC line except carafate.

I'm trying to stay strong mentally, but I'm starting to deteriorate.

Thanks for reading.

As a newbie, I have no advice and will leave that to the veterans who are so knowledgeable. Do want you to know that you are in our thoughts and we all are pulling for you. Am really sorry you are having to suffer like this and hope a solution is found soon. As far as your children, I understand how you feel as I was very sick when ours was three and all she remembers is how we used to lie on the couch and look at this Van Gogh book together discussing his work! Apparently, she forgot the fact that that was where I spent much of the day and just thought it was cool that we looked at art books together. Ask for help, which is very difficult for many of us, from neighbors and friends, even if it is just taking the kids for a few hours, so you can rest. People often are grateful for the opportunity to help by doing small things like this for you, and who wouldn't love to hang with your adorable kids for a while?!

@Charris lives in your area. But she used Dr. K in CA.

I'm in AZ as she is but there are really no doctors here. When I had talked to them about following my care after my DS the least scary one to go to was Robin Blackstone and she was way to conservative but she wouldn't see me until I am 18 months out. But now I think she is no actually doing surgeries she's sitting on some national panel or something.

Short update:
Seeing a new doc tomorrow. A sharp intelligent internist. I rotated with him a year ago. Pray he finds a solution. Today has been rough, pain, burning, throwing up mucus.
Got a cold yesterday and the post nasal drip is wrecking havoc of my nausea but can't take any oral mess :(

Wish me luck!
Thanks.

Hello everyone.
Since day 1 I have had severe nausea. By 2 weeks it was accompanied with chest pain, debilitating fatigue and complete inability to eat or drink. Last week I was admitted from the ER and in the hospital for 6 days, completely NPO with suspected pancreatitis due to high lipase and a sludge filled gall bladder. Scan, ultrasound, esophogram, blood work, etc. Esophagitits was suspected

Finally got sent home on a PICC line bc I just couldn't stay there anymore. I'm on a myriad of meds and fluids. Has an EGD yesterday revealing gastritis, an angry looking suture line and very slight narrowing that was dilated.
Today, I decided I must eat. I cannot stand for more than a minute . Sick sick sick all day.

I have a 3.5 year old and 2 year old. I am missing out on their lives. I just want to rewind 6 weeks and NOT have this surgery. I cannot handle this anymore and there's no end in sight.

I'm on the max protonix, zofran, reglan (which I try to limit bc it knocks me out), carafate, 2000 MLS fluids, was on fluconazole in case it was candida esophagitits.

When I say severe nausea, I mean a tablespoon of broth or half a popcicle makes me sick. I'm taking all my meds through my PICC line except carafate.

I'm trying to stay strong mentally, but I'm starting to deteriorate.

Thanks for reading.

Short update:
Seeing a new doc tomorrow. A sharp intelligent internist. I rotated with him a year ago. Pray he finds a solution. Today has been rough, pain, burning, throwing up mucus.
Got a cold yesterday and the post nasal drip is wrecking havoc of my nausea but can't take any oral mess :(

Wish me luck!
Thanks.
I hope he finds out what is going on and can help you.

Yes, max doses through my PICC line. Have no idea how I got this sick, haven't been well since day 1.

I hope you had some luck with your internist today and have some relief tonight. I had constant nausea and vomiting for the first 20+ weeks w all my pregnancies and it was the worst. Add that to the recovery from your DS and I can only imagine the hell you're in. Try to remember you are healing and this will pass. Stay proactive and keep calling your surgeon until you get answers and help. Trying to find help through local doctors at the same time is good too.

Do your best w your kiddos but get rid of the guilt. You're not the mom you want to be right now but you're doing your best and they will be ok. This is temporary. Take care of yourself by staying hydrated and resting. It's hard as a mom to put your needs first - but you need to right now to recover. Can you fence the kids in the family room with you while you lay on the couch? Put lots of toys out and movies on. Encourage them to cuddle w you during the movie or lay with you while reading them books. That way you can rest to help with the nausea but you're still interacting w them. Let your older child be mommy's helper. :)

I feel for you. Hang in there! The recovery can suck for some of us but eventually it does get better and you'll be glad you did this.

I’ve been just watching this post and haven’t had time to comment, BUT…all I really have to say is that I’m so sorry you are having all this crapola! As @Jen-2 said, she went through some similar stuff and what she said about how it WILL get better is SO true!! I LOVE the comments about “sleeping with the Dr.”:D…that SHOULD be worth something you know;), very funny. Anyway, just wanted to say hi, give you my best wishes and tell you we are ALL pulling for you.

I've been thinking about you and I'm hoping that things improve. I'm looking forward to hearing a glowing review of the new doctor and some relief!

Latest posts

Back