New here. 5 weeks out and I can't take it anymore

Wanted to give everyone an update you are so very supportive. I am 4 months out and 60 pounds down. I'm able to eat most days but do you have some bad days with nausea. I switch to an internist who confirmed that I was not physically ready to have my gallbladder out yet and since my symptoms were atypical, no colic pain, it was not immediately necessary. I'm exercising again and my energy is that about 85 to 90%. The persistant nausea is still pretty annoying but most days I can deal with it. I am two pounds away from not being obese anymore and 30 pounds away from not being overweight anymore. It is very exciting however I have not reached the point where I'm totally grateful for the surgery at because those two months of severe illness or so horrible and the nausea is freaking annoying as hell
Thanks to everyone who got me through that time. I even lost three and a half pounds during Thanksgiving.

Hello everyone.
Since day 1 I have had severe nausea. By 2 weeks it was accompanied with chest pain, debilitating fatigue and complete inability to eat or drink. Last week I was admitted from the ER and in the hospital for 6 days, completely NPO with suspected pancreatitis due to high lipase and a sludge filled gall bladder. Scan, ultrasound, esophogram, blood work, etc. Esophagitits was suspected

Finally got sent home on a PICC line bc I just couldn't stay there anymore. I'm on a myriad of meds and fluids. Has an EGD yesterday revealing gastritis, an angry looking suture line and very slight narrowing that was dilated.
Today, I decided I must eat. I cannot stand for more than a minute . Sick sick sick all day.

I have a 3.5 year old and 2 year old. I am missing out on their lives. I just want to rewind 6 weeks and NOT have this surgery. I cannot handle this anymore and there's no end in sight.

I'm on the max protonix, zofran, reglan (which I try to limit bc it knocks me out), carafate, 2000 MLS fluids, was on fluconazole in case it was candida esophagitits.

When I say severe nausea, I mean a tablespoon of broth or half a popcicle makes me sick. I'm taking all my meds through my PICC line except carafate.

I'm trying to stay strong mentally, but I'm starting to deteriorate.

Thanks for reading.
Wanted to give an update

Wanted to give everyone an update you are so very supportive. I am 4 months out and 60 pounds down. I'm able to eat most days but do you have some bad days with nausea. I switch to an internist who confirmed that I was not physically ready to have my gallbladder out yet and since my symptoms were atypical, no colic pain, it was not immediately necessary. I'm exercising again and my energy is that about 85 to 90%. The persistant nausea is still pretty annoying but most days I can deal with it. I am two pounds away from not being obese anymore and 30 pounds away from not being overweight anymore. It is very exciting however I have not reached the point where I'm totally grateful for the surgery at because those two months of severe illness or so horrible and the nausea is freaking annoying as hell
Thanks to everyone who got me through that time. I even lost three and a half pounds during Thanksgiving.

Wanted to give an update
You are doing great. I hope you sort out the nausea.

Sorry, doing talk to text. That was all sorts of bad grammar!!

Wanted to give an update

LOL I understood it just fine. You should see what happens when I try speech to text - it's a real mess and usually it doesn't make much sense. Not that my regular posts make that much more sense ;)

Latest posts

Back