My Vitamin D is High

aaa

I know this is the opposite of how things generally are for DSers; but right after my second Reclast Infusion (Nov. 2014), my endocrine. tested it (along with calcium, etc). It was over 100. So we dropped my Vit. D intake from 150K/day; to 150K/M-F and 100K/S&S.

I just had my regular DS bloods done last week. It's still over 100. She wanted it lower (she's on maternity leave so I can't speak with her right now). I will discuss it w/my DS nutrit. but wanted some other opinions. BTW, my calcium is just about normal but my PTH is high. Haven't had that problem in years. (That still might be from the Reclast Infusion, however, I'm not sure).

Last edited:
I know this is the opposite of how things generally are for DSers; but right after my second Reclast Infusion (Nov. 2014), my endocrine. tested it (along with calcium, etc). It was over 100. So we dropped my Vit. D intake from 150K/day; to 150K/M-F and 100K/S&S.

I just had my regular DS bloods done last week. It's still over 100. She wanted it lower (she's on maternity leave so I can't speak with her right now). I will discuss it w/my DS nutrit. but wanted some other opinions. BTW, my calcium is just about normal but my PTH is high. (That still might be from the Reclast Infusion, however, I'm not sure).
How far over in the high range?

Also, they keep MOVING the ranges...JUST since I discovered I needed D (2007), it's gone from a normal range of 15-50, to 25-85, and now 30-100.
IF they can't make up their mind, how in the hell do we know what is right. For all WE know, in a year, they could move it to 50-150.

Mine sits at 118/120 and while my PCP still gets squirrelly over it, mine drops too fast to monkey with what I take.

I THINK it's @Sheanie that has high D and does fine with it.

And what do you mean "just about normal"? Sounds like more calcium is needed first...push it to high normal.

Calcium = 8.6 (norm = 8.9).
Vitamin D = 107.2 (norm = 30.0 - 80.0 ng/mL)

I wonder, though, if the PTH could be affected by the high Vit. D. And I am itchy. That's really come up over the last few months.

Calcium, D, and PTH are a three legged stool. Sounds like you need more calcium first to bring down the PTH. D needs to be high normal...as close to 100 as possible. Calcium needs to be mid to high normal. That will drive down the PTH.

Great, that's what I wanted to check. I always wanted my Vit. D around 70-80. I guess I'll keep it where it is. I'll watch the calcium for a bit b/c it's prob. still reacting to the Reclast. After all, I'm taking 3465 mg./day.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back