My surgery is happening on 12/10/15!

I'm having mine on the 10th, too. So you're not alone. Best to you. And remember the odds are in our favor!

That's awesome! It'll be so cool to compare notes with you and see how we're doing as we go along. Can't wait to start this journey with you.

Congrats to you both! I've finally been approved for my DS, too, with Dr on the 17th. So I have another week to go and am excited! And, yes, the liquid diet sucks, but I 've been able to handle it better than thought, esp with it being the holidays and the focus on food!

Like you I wouldn't have gone with the DS without the information contained on this forum, so a huge thanks to all here! And the before and after photos have been a huge inspiration!

Hope I run into you at one of the support meetings! All the best during and after the surgery!

Congrats to you both! I've finally been approved for my DS, too, with Dr on the 17th. So I have another week to go and am excited! And, yes, the liquid diet sucks, but I 've been able to handle it better than thought, esp with it being the holidays and the focus on food!

Like you I wouldn't have gone with the DS without the information contained on this forum, so a huge thanks to all here! And the before and after photos have been a huge inspiration!

Hope I run into you at one of the support meetings! All the best during and after the surgery!
Meant to say Dr. Smith :)

Meant to say Dr. Smith :)

Awesome yes I hope we run into each other. I still haven't met a fellow DSer in person yet. Even
at my meeting there was a guy who looked bigger than me and I thought for sure he was getting
the DS... but he's getting the RNY. Same day as me too.

Will be interesting to see how we do down the line.

That's awesome! It'll be so cool to compare notes with you and see how we're doing as we go along. Can't wait to start this journey with you.

Most def. I love sharing bowel habit stories with strangers. I'm on emotional auto pilot now. The odds are greatly in our favor. Six months from now I think/think we'll both be very happy. Best to both of us!

Most def. I love sharing bowel habit stories with strangers. I'm on emotional auto pilot now. The odds are greatly in our favor. Six months from now I think/think we'll both be very happy. Best to both of us!

I did my pre-op today and am exactly a week behind you two. I feel emotionally drained. Alll the best to you both tomorrow -- you're in good hands! We'll be thinking about you! Let us know how you are doing when you feel up to it...

@Readyforchange I'm schedule for surgery on the 18th. Busy next couple weeks all over! Having my moments of "I'm doing this again, am I nuts?!" But I'm ready, and i panic over going to a doc apt etc so nothing new for me. I should be used to it!

Latest posts

Back