My (Robs), New Update, 20+ Weeks

Wow, very impressive!

I'm curious if you have had a change in salt sensitivity that is affecting your taste for most things pig.

I had a drastic change from having an insatiable appetite for salt pro-op, but like a switch being flipped, lost all interest in salt the day my DS happened, an to this day some salty things I used to adore still turn me off. There were many things that just didn't appeal for mb a year or more, but now, other than salt, I pretty much eat everything again.

You may want to develop a love of carbs for a while if you need to slow the weight loss, you lucky bastard.
That is interesting. I craved salt big time for the first year or so after DS. I still like salt but not going out of my way to add extra.

and I do love carbs and I eat them! :D

Thanks to all you guys for your kind words, your wisdom and words of encouragement! I pretty much need to just “Chill” a little and stop over analyzing everything, which is what I do to a fault and just let the mojo go. I’m still a pretty long way from being in the “I should be concerned zone” and was just fixating on the trend.

It really does help to hear some of those personal stories and experiences such as with @southernlady husband and his bounce back re-gain etc.

I didn’t even talk about all the other things that the DS has done for me such as the mitigation of all my co-morbids etc., and will post more info real soon when I get a little more time. I know how this may benefit some undecided pre-ops etc as did those kinds of posts help me.

Last edited:
@robs477 you are doing great! Life sure is different when you weigh 100 less, isn't it. People who have never been MO cannot imagine how much they take for granted.
Keep on going, you will reach your goals, and your diet will continue to become more varied. Just for one example, a lot of people (including me) have trouble with hamburger early out. something about the texture. But now I'm fine with it, and you will be too.

Good to hear from you Larra, thank you sweet Lady! I think you're right. Tried a hamburger yesterday and still cant really do it, I think it IS the texture.

Wow, very impressive!

I'm curious if you have had a change in salt sensitivity that is affecting your taste for most things pig.

I had a drastic change from having an insatiable appetite for salt pro-op, but like a switch being flipped, lost all interest in salt the day my DS happened, an to this day some salty things I used to adore still turn me off. There were many things that just didn't appeal for mb a year or more, but now, other than salt, I pretty much eat everything again.

You may want to develop a love of carbs for a while if you need to slow the weight loss, you lucky bastard.

I think you nailed it with the salt thing. I was thinking the same thing. Whats weird is, I put salt on everything else especially cold fresh tomatoes this time of year which I LOVE! Its just is those breakfasts meats and sausages that actually make me nauseous. Thxs for your perspective!

I pretty much need to just “Chill” a little and stop over analyzing everything, which is what I do to a fault and just let the mojo go. I’m still a pretty long way from being in the “I should be concerned zone” and was just fixating on the trend.
Dh analyzed all his to death. But in his defense, he is an engineer by schooling. Hard to not over analyze when you've been taught so well. :)

Good to hear from you Larra, thank you sweet Lady! I think you're right. Tried a hamburger yesterday and still cant really do it, I think it IS the texture.
I am still not wild about hamburger texture but I eat them. When I was at your stage hamburger hurt.

Dh analyzed all his to death. But in his defense, he is an engineer by schooling. Hard to not over analyze when you've been taught so well. :)

I am too and we look at data curves and trending for everything regarding planning and forecasting.

I am too and we look at data curves and trending for everything regarding planning and forecasting.
Yeah, LOL...when renovating our water pipe system in this house or replacing the bathroom down in the basement, he would have it ALL planned out and then I would go in and say...why don't you do this? You see MY strong suit is visual. I was great in geometry, absolutely abysmal in algebra. But I would SEE solutions that he wouldn't see. Makes for a great team. He has learned to tell me what he is planning so he can get my input.

t’s been a while since I’ve given an update or progress report. The last one was actually at the 9 week point, so….here goes it. As of today I’m 143 days post op, 5 weeks, 3 days and have hit the big 100 lbs. lost club!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:. That’s including the 13 lbs pre-op which equates to .6 lbs per day or 4.2 lbs per week as a post-op average WL.

80% of my EWL according to the books would have me losing around 30 lbs more which would put me at 220. I would prefer 230-240, but, we’ll see I guess?

IF you look at those numbers, you can see that I can actually see the finish line on the horizon, 4-6 wks. Again, I NEVER thought I would be saying this, being MR. SELF PROCLAIMED SUPER ABSORBER, BUT……I AM starting to get a teeny, tiny bit concerned about that rate of WL and what I may do to experiment with slowing it down some?? Thus my mention of it in the other thread from @DSRIGGS.

More good news is a significant amount of my food aversions have been reduced and or diminished. Some examples are:

1) I can eat chicken breasts again now, (still working up to thigh meat).
2) For the last week or so, I’ve been able to get most all of my protein from real food and am losing the GD protein drink for the last week!!!!! YAAAYY!!!
3) I can eat most pork except ham, I eat fish, shrimp, any seafood and Rib-eye Steaks of course.
4) I can drink milk again ok.

The things I still can’t bear the thought of eating are:
1) Bacon, (which I used to love), sausage, ham
2) GARLIC!! is probably the worst (I used to use HEAVY garlic in everything)
3) Can’t really do hamburgers yet, a little, it is getting better.
4) Most soft yellow cheeses. I eat mostly fresh parmesan which has almost twice the protein anyway and use it on everything.

So, as you can see, my list of food I can eat is growing and I’m a pretty happy camper right about now and I feel great!!!

Also, I flew on a plane recently and could actually jam my not as fat ass into the seat and actually buckle the belt!!!

I can finally see all of my Willy (and my feet) again,..without looking in the mirror :D and my “Moobs” are down to a much more manageable (yet perky) and manly “A” cup;). I’m down to a size 40-42 pants size from a 52-54!!! And, don’t have to shop in the “Fat guy” section anymore!

So, it’s ALL good! And I have just met my first original minimum WL goal by losing 100 Lbs!!

That's freaking awesome!!! So happy for you!
I knew you would do well!

Latest posts

Back