My (Robs), New Update, 20+ Weeks, Part II

robs477

Now an Angel in heaven
In my part I post, I didn’t really address the other benefits I’ve had post-op such as elimination or reduction of some of those associated co-morbids etc, so this part II addition will go in to more detail regarding that. I am also posting this Part II of my update in the hopes that it may help some newbies or fence sitters, or the WLS undecided.

I went back and read some of my earlier post-surgery posts and described in detail then the changes I could feel in my body INSTANTLY and was hoping they wouldn’t go away. I remember thinking then that I was fearful that the “feeling great” may have been because of all the post-op meds in me, but, fortunately it wasn’t. Here we are 5 months later and all those miraculous changes are still with me and even more, plus, I am LESS 100 Lbs. Not only did a lot of those changes happen almost immediately after surgery, but so did the reduction and elimination of a host of most of ALL my other chronic pains including some pretty severe arthritis in my back and knees.

It is also my belief that the reasons for my “Taste Buds” changes is because I was SO de-sensitized to essentially everything because it is the mechanism that causes your cells to communicate or interact with each other was not working properly. I’ve said many times that I believe this to be the SAME/SIMILAR bio-mechanism that is responsible for diabetes, especially type II regarding the insulin resistivity which the DS cures instantly. My senses are all now extremely heightened, smell and taste. So much so in fact, I can actually feel when my body is going through that conversion of utilizing stored fat as I talked about earlier. My body is completely in tune and has become harmonious and it’s getting better every single day that passes. The DS really has been a miracle and I am really starting to reap all those healthy benefits.

Here is the original post I made before only 11 days postop:

“Not only are my energy levels off the charts, I feel alive again, like everything is working and in harmony. I feel at least 20 years younger and am in an incredible happy mood. At first I thought it was just the euphoria of surviving a major surgery, the pain meds etc. I tried for days to just write this off, but the science and the facts are just too compelling. Also, ALL my other pains are essentially gone. My arthritic back pain, my soreness, my stiffness, etc. If you go back and look at one of my last pre-surgery posts, I am complaining about the severity level of my overall body and back pain because they had to take me off NSAID’s before surgery. At first, I just thought the no pain thing was from all the surgical meds still in me, but it’s been 11 days now and I haven’t had a pain med since day two, 9 days ago, so that can’t possibly be the reason.

We had many times before discussed how there are instant chemical and neuro-hormonal changes in the body right after WLS due to the reduction of ghrelin, leptins, peptins, including the reduction of both fasting and meal-stimulated ghrelin production and increased glucagon like peptide-1 and peptide-YY interactions as well as a host of other bio-logical chemicals and hormones not yet fully identified or understood. As you know, these same neuro-hormonal chemical changes are believed to be the same ones that instantly reverse diabetes etc, as they stop the insulin resistivity on the cellular level almost immediately. I think my metabolism had become so crashed over the years and was SO bad off, that this same neuro-hormonal chemical component instantly “re-set” or re-booted me on the cellular level and those instant chemical changes OVER compensated for a lot of those other normal post-surgical trauma’s normally experienced by people with more normal metabolisms, thus allowing for my minimized perceptions. In essence, my cells started talking to each other again and working on that proper cellular level again and for the first time in many, many years, I felt alive. As said, I feel 20 Goddamn years younger and have been full of energy since!!

To summarize, I think I feel the benefit the most because I was so bad off. From my very first postings on this site, I told you guys how I could NOT eat over 800-1000 calories a day without gaining weight and my body and back pain was really bad . My “metabolism” had ceased to function. My cells were not talking to each other and giving the send/receive signals needed to do many of my major bodily functions. Again, I think it’s the same or similar related Bio-chemical mechanism responsible for the cellular resistivity absorption issues that occurs with diabetes which is known to be reversed after most WLS, again, my cells are all back happy, endorphins being turned on, everybody’s talking and happy.

Essentially what I am saying is, you can have two exact cars with the same engine in it but in one of the cars, the engine is barely running and will hardly start and run. You do the same exact engine re-build on both cars, they both get the same exact benefit, BUT the car that had the worst engine that was broken down the most has the highest percentage of improvement because it was in the worst condition. That same relative perception of improvement is what I think has happened here to me. Whatever it is, I’ll take it!!!!!! And I’m pretty for sure it’s here to stay!"

Thxs for reading and I hope this info, BOOK ….lol, and the sharing of my story, journey and sharing of my perspective may help somebody along the way!
Rob

Thanks - I am having surgery wednesday with Dr. Greenbaum. I also have arthritis & am hoping that it really helps with that. Was getting nervous but your post puts me back onto a positive attitude. Keep up the great work and words of wisdom & encouragement!

Thanks - I am having surgery wednesday with Dr. Greenbaum. I also have arthritis & am hoping that it really helps with that. Was getting nervous but your post puts me back onto a positive attitude. Keep up the great work and words of wisdom & encouragement!

That makes me happy :) I know you will do well and I will be thinking of you and sending my very best wishes!

Latest posts

Back