My old sleeve

star0210

i have no concept of measurement especially metric...but they told me my previous sleeve antral portion (bottom) was left untouched in the initial surgery and measured 8cm?
Does anyone have any idea of what that means size wise?

When I get home and have time, I'm going to try to upload the before and after images. I think they're interesting.

the number doesn't mean anything to be but the "untouched" sure does. can't wait to see the pix.

I think you will find it is very different with an actual sleeve!

8 cm is just a big over 3 inches (1 inch is about 2.5 cm). but I agree, the key word is untouched.

@Band07Sleeve13 i went to Dr. Ungson in Mexicali.
I converted from VSG to DS and had a partial resleeve.
I've done well..Leo issues and zero complications...except constipation from the calcium supplements.
I was a lightweight to start and a revision so the loss has been really slow.
I went into surgery at 196...today I'm 167 at 3.5 months out.

Way to go @star0210 ! It may seem slow from a pounds perspective and because you're watching the pot boil as it were, but you've lost about 15% of your total body weight in 3.5 months. To me, that's pretty darn impressive.

Thanks for sharing ! Can I ask why you had it done ?

@Band07Sleeve13 i chose to have it done because I had put back on close to 50lbs and no matter what I did I couldn't lose a lb.
With that regain my cholesterol was high again and I had to get back on medication. My blood pressure was high and my doc was about to put me on medication for that.
I have lots of lower back issues that are exacerbated with weight and prevent me from doing much in the way of exercise.

I don't like taking medications at all...and I want to be healthy.

Latest posts

Back