My baby girl is a STALWART old woman!

Spiky Bugger

She is fine! Except that with:
•a dad with memory issues
•a mom sick as a dog with food poisoning (don’t know source)
•a boyfriend/life partner with pneumonia
•a 13-year-old who just spent a week at her mom’s who now has COVID, and
•painters and hardwood floor refinishers whose work SHE has to approve (and hope she gets it right & doesn’t have to listen to me complain) before she hands out $10k+ of her parents’ money…
she COULD go all Britney Spears head shaving moment before we even notice!

ETA: And she is still in her “probationary period” on her latest promotion, so this stress couldn’t possibly be bothering her, right?

Oh dear.
Mr. Sue, you already know the doctors aren’t cooperating
As for you, try to stay hydrated.
Has the BF seen a doctor?
And has the kid been tested?

Have any or some of you been to a doctor?
MrSue has been to MANY doctors.
I have just suffered at home…4th of July week/weekend and all.
Her BF finally went to a doctor and will have extensive testing re his allergies and pneumonia.
Mini-MiniSue’s mom work for a medical company , so I assume she has “reported in.”
Mini-MiniSue HAS been tested, negative so far.

Oh dear.
Mr. Sue, you already know the doctors aren’t cooperating
As for you, try to stay hydrated.
Has the BF seen a doctor?
And has the kid been tested?

MiniSue delivered Gatorade and Ginger Ale.
BF FINALLY went to dr and SEEMS to understand that he needs a really extensive work-up.
Kid is negative, so far.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm sending all the mojo!
Never mind. I have to kill her and her guy immediately.

They are in a hurry. Their 30-day notice is good until the end of the month. But their moving day is THIS FRIDAY. So they are rushing us. I’m yelling back. “This is MY house, MY UHaul Boxes and MY STUFF!” If you find MY way of doing things too slow, get TF OUT of here and go home!”

But no.

So HE goes ape shit over installing their new internet service. And then some idiot at Spectrum decided that Spectrum should disconnect the existing service…MY internet service, as of today and NOT install theirs until Friday.

Granted, that was a MAJOR ERROR. SHOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED. BUT guess who has spent TWO HOURS, THREE MINUTES AND F0RTY-ONE SECONDS (not kidding) with Spectrum trying to reconnect service they they disconnected. If I had not done that, MiniSue would have had to drive into downtown LA all week and MrMiniSue would have had to live at Starbucks. Until sometime on Friday.

They insisted it was ALL Spectrum’s fault. But the guy who untangled it, and who had a sense of humor, said, “Well, we wouldn’t have screwed up your request if you hadn’t CALLED us.”

He’s right.

Now getting ready to leave.

Last edited:
OMG.

Sorry they are being butts. Also, I used to work at Spectrum, and it's totally their fault. Whoever took the first call screwed things up. And I'm sure they tried to upsell you when you're just trying to get your service reinstated. I hope you asked for a credit.

We have much less of an issue. Switching my mother from Optimum to Fios today. Somehow her house phone number wasn’t transferred with it. But it should be up in 2 days. I’ll go over there in a day or two to teach her the tricks and differences between Optimum and Fios and give her a channel list.

Liam is moving into his first off-campus apartment August 3. Setting up utilities, key and move-in appointments are up to him, but as a planner/overthinker, it is taking great restraint to not nudge him into getting the arrangements made sooner rather than later. The semester doesn't begin until August 28, so there is some wiggle room. Still, I do get how you feel!

Last edited:
some idiot at Spectrum decided that Spectrum should disconnect the existing service
I used to work at Spectrum, and it's totally their fault. Whoever took the first call screwed things up. And I'm sure they tried to upsell you when you're just trying to get your service reinstated. I hope you asked for a credit.

OMG I had a big fat problem with Spectrum in Nevada when they stopped my service a week sooner than they were supposed to and to get it re-started they ended up shipping me new equiptment like it was a brand new account. so stressful.

and where I live now those bastards outright told a lie about how much I had to pay to get service. I had to escalate to get the advertised rate. I hate them!

Latest posts

Back