Meds and Vitamins - where do I stagger them in?

Jbandmmomma

becky
Hi all,

I have begun adding in a vitamin per day on my way to the vitalady recommended schedule.

My dilemma: I also take synthroid and a PPI, which need to be taken "away" from other meds. For those of you who take these, when do you do so?

I appreciate any guidance/experience on making this work.

thanks!
becky

You can not take the synthroid and PPI together.

I stop eating two hours before bed, no dairy too close to iron. Then I take my iron before bed on an empty stomach. I wake up a couple of hours or so after that and take my synthroid. Then I take my PPI an hour before breakfast.

If necessary, you can set alarms but, I always have to get up to use the bathroom anyway. I have little medicine cups on the bathroom counter with the pills I need to take in them, all lined out, as I walk by I grab the next cup.

Yeah, all good advice, but the iron having to be taken away from so many other things throws a big monkey wrench in there (potentially). I will keep working on it and figure it out.

I take mine first thing upon waking and then wait to eat and then 4 hours after taking my Synthroid I can start taking vitamins. My bottle says no calcium or iron with in 4 hours of taking it. So I make sure to keep it by my bed with a bottle of water and take it as soon as I open my eyes, that way the clock starts and I can start taking my vitamins.

Latest posts

Back