Medical Pot.

If it was legal and available in a regulated form that would 1) not damage my lungs and 2) give a reliable dose that would not cause addiction, then I would use it for pain relief. Or try it, at any rate. Apparently it is very effective for Fibromyalgia, and I doubt that it would be worse for me than the opiates I have to take now (which are not very effective in any case). I have no particular desire to use it for recreational purposes. Quite the opposite, in fact. I really don't like the idea of not being in full control of my senses. Same reason getting drunk has never appealed to me, I guess.
Yeah, back pain here...

And yet, even pain meds can cause you to not be fully in control of your senses.

Yeah, back pain here...

And yet, even pain meds can cause you to not be fully in control of your senses.
True, although I've never been on a dose high enough outside of a hospital setting to experience that. In hospital it doesn't worry me as much, because I see it as a safe, controlled environment. Still not crazy about it, though!

I'm not usually a fan of altered consciousness, but I sure could use *something* today. Not sure exactly what prescription, if any, would help, but reality is not going well for me today. I have a perfect storm of hormones (that time...), anniversary of the death of my lovely Himalayan cuddle kitty, Katrina, and a trip to my oncologist/radiologist for an MRI and blood tests the process of which triggers my claustrophobia and the potential results of which scare me...

I don't find that strange at all - but when people don't drink coffee? I can't understand that at all.

best drug EVAH. :sm_shades:

guess what I'm doing ? :coffeebreak:

I don't drink coffee either. My standing joke is it may stunt my growth, I will never reach 5ft!

I'm not usually a fan of altered consciousness, but I sure could use *something* today. Not sure exactly what prescription, if any, would help, but reality is not going well for me today. I have a perfect storm of hormones (that time...), anniversary of the death of my lovely Himalayan cuddle kitty, Katrina, and a trip to my oncologist/radiologist for an MRI and blood tests the process of which triggers my claustrophobia and the potential results of which scare me...
That would be making me pop the xanax! Best of luck with the doctor, crossing my fingers for good news!

Thanks for the support, 4k, Jackie, Lauren and Diana! Apparently, the solution was a good cry in the car, a nap on the airplane, and my mom meeting me at the airport in NOLA (so I don't have to be alone down here for the testing). I'm feeling much happier today, despite the fact that when I showed up at the hospital (painfully at 7am as I am *not* a morning person and that required a 5:30am wake up time), they told me I had arrived a day early. I've been so frazzled lately, I marked the wrong date in my calendar, and then made travel plans around it for two. Just spent an hour changing flights, then extending the rental car and room for an extra day. The silver lining is now I have an afternoon off with my mom! :)

Last edited:
Best of fortune with your doctor stuff (missed the back story - sounds scary though). At least you will have some information to work on instead of what-if. Good vibes from me, MIL, chickens, cats, and at least 50,000 bees.

We had gone to Colorado back in march, one to spend a full vacation there since we fell in love with the place when we drove through the year before and two to check out the legalization of it in the state. The way they have things set up is nice, you are still going to have idiot adults buying crap for kids, but the way they have things in place is as good if not better for keeping it away from kids in my books. The two stores I visited were very professional and they had lab testing showing thc content and cbd content of all the strains they carried. The thc is what gets you high and out of it. The cbd is what has the medical use. I got a lovely mix of all sorts, some really high in thc and some really high in cbd and low in thc. I found the high cbd stuff great for my constant pain, way better then any prescription drug I can be given back home, plus I can still function and not be couch locked. I found for me the high thc content and I got some stuff that was reporting in at 24% easily got me couch locked, but was good for if my mind wouldn't shut up and it helped relax my muscles for when they were freaking out, great for insomnia as well :) Vaporizing is easy on the lungs and with the fat malabsorption of the DS edibles are pretty much out, no more special brownies for me.

Mr Sheanie and I attended a Legalize MJ Debate at our local community college last night. Of the planned panel participants, only three came through. Three more were coerced into serving, and it went on. The vast majority in audience were students who were there for 10 points added to their final exam score and who also got out of class for attending. So there was standing room only, and the majority that were not students were what I would call recreational users. One panel member is a criminal attorney with a really rotten reputation, who has done hard prison time for possession (and no MMC) (Medical Marijuana Card). Because medicinal marijuana in Michigan is legal, with a MMC signed for by a doctor. So MEDICINAL use was NOT the topic of the evening. The topic of the evening was LEGALIZING marijuana, NOT decriminalizing it, but making it legal for ALL USES (recreational) with regulation. WITH REGULATION. So, there would be testing to reveal the levels of THC and CBD content, which we don't have currently with medicinal marijuana locally.

I went because Mr Sheanie is a thinker, and he wanted to hear the pros and cons in an educational setting. I, being the pessimistic bitch I have become, held no hope for any intelligent discussion at this event. I know the criminal defense attorney to be an idiot. The debate started off well, the moderator was well spoken and intelligent. Three panel members were on point, stated their viewpoints, and it went from there. Attorney gets his time, and can't string two sentences together coherently. Bounces from topic to topic, strays into outer space. Moderator keeps running over to bring his microphone back to his mouth. Attorney works the 15% of RU's (recreational users) into a frenzy of applause by pounding the table with his fist and stating "it's our God given right". Strays off topic repeatedly, with no redirection. Other panel members speak, at one time the nurse states she is 31 and has never smoked MJ. Attorney then leans over and LEERS at her. Mr Sheanie and I crack up. The students around us are in fits of giggles over the inability of the "grown ups" to stay on topic.

Debate is opened up to audience participation, and everything falls hilariously apart at the seams (if it ever was stitched together to begin with). Every single audience member who speaks veered into MEDICINAL use, which is already legal. It's not the topic of the evening. More tittering. There is a doctor in attendance, Dr Bob, who has been sanctioned repeatedly for prescription fraud. He makes $500 a crack for signing MMCs, and is there to drum up business. He proceeds to skirt dangerously close to violating HIPPA by stating that he currently treats 15 children who use MJ who will not grow up to become adults. AGAIN, OFF TOPIC. Clearly, medicinal marijuana use, which is already legal.

So I had been thinking seriously about voting to legalize MJ. But after last night, seeing the people who have been long term users and their complete inability to string together coherent thoughts or stay on topic, I will be voting against it. Mr Sheanie is voting against, but for dental reasons. Of course.

I know people in highly professional jobs that smoke MJ daily. They for example work in the medical, engineering, computer and financial fields. There is a difference in smoking daily and staying high all day. Just as there is a difference in drinking daily and staying drunk all day. I have no problem with anyone going home and kicking back and smoking MJ or having a drink. I do however have problems with them doing either and getting behind the wheel or trying to perform their jobs afterwards. Just as most people who drink and drive or go into work drunk they usually get away with it almost 100 times before they are caught. I am also going to go out on a limb and say they probably usually get caught due to some type of accident or tragedy.

I know people in highly professional jobs that smoke MJ daily. They for example work in the medical, engineering, computer and financial fields. There is a difference in smoking daily and staying high all day. Just as there is a difference in drinking daily and staying drunk all day. I have no problem with anyone going home and kicking back and smoking MJ or having a drink. I do however have problems with them doing either and getting behind the wheel or trying to perform their jobs afterwards. Just as most people who drink and drive or go into work drunk they usually get away with it almost 100 times before they are caught. I am also going to go out on a limb and say they probably usually get caught due to some type of accident or tragedy.

Actually, almost all of them get caught in traffic stops. Alcohol, MJ, and under any influence, whether legal drugs or not. Only a small percentage came through our jail from party busts or other means (stings). This so tickled Mr Sheanie that he once said to me "Well, all they have to do is stay out of cars". Genius.

Latest posts

Back