Made the mistake of joining some bariatric FB groups

The only FB group that I am a member of is Dr K's group - Duodenal Switch. I swear at least 50% of the people there have no idea it his group and they sometime make some comments that leave me shaking my head.

I was a member of another group but left after two three weeks.

There are some very insecure people (IMO) in some of these groups who can be very nasty and not at all helpful. I try to avoid and not engage them. Then you have the utter morons who ask the same exact question that has been covered 27 times that week....and these are typically people that have been in the group for several months. Others ask for help and then argue when given solid advice.

I have to be careful because I didn't realize coming into this journey that so many of the folks who have had the DS also suffer from mental/emotional issues that a DS won't fix. I try to constantly remind myself that just because I don't have that issue(s) that doesn't means other don't and it is a struggle for them. There is one guy who I want to shake and say WAKE THE HELL UP AND LISTEN BEFORE YOU END UP DEAD, but I don't think mentally/emotionally that he could handle that type of "tough love" and I certainly don't want to push him into a bad place...

Anyway, Dr K's group is a very good one with tons of great information/data from his site and other studies. The main moderator of that group is excellent and a great lady who provides great information and keeps things as civil as any groups I have seen.

Latest posts

Back