Liver Enzymes post WL

Settledownnow

My liver enzymes are elevated at 1-year post-op. I know it is common for enzymes to become elevated with rapid weight loss but when do they drop back down? Experiences?

During rapid weight loss, they can be elevated. Mine came back down. @DianaCox has a thread on her issue with them.

I know the increase can be temporary but I cannot find any information on the length of time they stay elevated. When did your liver enzymes come back down @southernlady ? My "gut" feeling is that I need to follow-up with the gastroenterologist because of my previous liver issues while in the hospital with DS-leak and sepsis.

I think YMMV is the best anyone can say. My liver enzymes have bounce above the normal mark ever since the beginning. This year's numbers were remarkably higher - but they inexplicably settled down. I think monitoring of your liver status with U/S from time to time is a good idea. Some damage from years of morbid obesity is apparently inevitable.

I think YMMV is the best anyone can say. My liver enzymes have bounce above the normal mark ever since the beginning. This year's numbers were remarkably higher - but they inexplicably settled down. I think monitoring of your liver status with U/S from time to time is a good idea. Some damage from years of morbid obesity is apparently inevitable.

Yes, we each have our own background and medical history that plays into how our liver responds to WL. I so wish there were more information available on this topic.

I know the increase can be temporary but I cannot find any information on the length of time they stay elevated. When did your liver enzymes come back down @southernlady ? My "gut" feeling is that I need to follow-up with the gastroenterologist because of my previous liver issues while in the hospital with DS-leak and sepsis.
Honestly don't remember but I was done with the rapid weight loss phase before my first year was up.

Latest posts

Back