jas84047 VSG surgery [Utah | Jul 1, 2015]

Hopefully your surgery is done by now and all is well. Wishing you a safe and successful surgery.

Thanks! My surgery is actually tomorrow...July 1st. :) I go in at 5:30am.
Jas I'm sorry didn't see this till now, but my wife and I will sure be praying for your speedy recovery! I know you feel like crap now, but just keep walking and taking in those precious fluids! It's ALL about staying hydrated at this point, and forcing that CO2 they pumped into your body out by walking. I'm excited to see the new you emerge over the next year!! Gratz on having the GUTS to make a change in your life!!! Your courage will reward you soon enough.
:ngbbs450d0391e9c80:

I actually feel really good today. The first night was a little rough only because my mouth was so dry and I couldn't keep down even ice chips. I tried sipping water and that also came up so they are keeping me one more day. However, this morning I found out warm broth was my key and now I am great. Not much pain. Only push my Dialuadid button once or twice an hour. The first gas pain right out of surgery was bad but I made it. I've been doing many laps around the halls here in the hospital and feel wonderful. I'm about to take a shower and then head to bed. My little kids even came and sat on my lap for an hour and watched tv in my room. So far, so good. I'm wondering when the 'other shoe will drop' because I feel so good! :)
Thanks all for your prayers! I get to go home tomorrow...on my 40th birthday... and watch my kids eat cupcakes. LOL

Latest posts

Back