It's been one week!

SJB41976

It's amazing how things are going, recovery wise. I am sure it has to do with already having the sleeve so I'm recovering from less than normal trauma from surgery. I am almost off pain meds, I am on full liquids. I am giving myself Lovenox shots every day, and no they aren't as bad as I thought they would be. My energy levels are good (I'm sure the iron infusion in the hospital has something to do with that). The more I move (in moderation) the better I feel. I am losing weight and looking soooooo forward to that part of the journey.

I am supposed to be on liquids three. more. weeks. Then I get to progress to pureed food. I'm not going to lie, I'm hungry. I want food. My sleeve is the same as it was before this surgery. I am drinking all day, getting protein in, but my sleeve wants food. Last week it wasn't a big deal but now that I am up and moving, it's getting harder to be satisfied with just liquids. I would gladly take pureed food, at this point. So... we'll see how that goes. I ate some greek yogurt today and it was like the best thing I had ever put in my mouth. LOL. And no, yogurt is not a liquid, but it got me through the rest of the day.

I found out today that even with decaf, Starbucks can clean a girl out. Yep. That means I also had my first public poop. Target may never be the same. But at least I didn't poop my pants.

So many things I was worried about and so far it's like, not a big deal. Of course I am only one week out. I am anxious to get past this healing point and trying food and seeing what agrees with me and what doesn't. And just to get past this and on with my life.

I'm excited!

It's amazing how things are going, recovery wise. I am sure it has to do with already having the sleeve so I'm recovering from less than normal trauma from surgery. I am almost off pain meds, I am on full liquids. I am giving myself Lovenox shots every day, and no they aren't as bad as I thought they would be. My energy levels are good (I'm sure the iron infusion in the hospital has something to do with that). The more I move (in moderation) the better I feel. I am losing weight and looking soooooo forward to that part of the journey.

I am supposed to be on liquids three. more. weeks. Then I get to progress to pureed food. I'm not going to lie, I'm hungry. I want food. My sleeve is the same as it was before this surgery. I am drinking all day, getting protein in, but my sleeve wants food. Last week it wasn't a big deal but now that I am up and moving, it's getting harder to be satisfied with just liquids. I would gladly take pureed food, at this point. So... we'll see how that goes. I ate some greek yogurt today and it was like the best thing I had ever put in my mouth. LOL. And no, yogurt is not a liquid, but it got me through the rest of the day.

I found out today that even with decaf, Starbucks can clean a girl out. Yep. That means I also had my first public poop. Target may never be the same. But at least I didn't poop my pants.

So many things I was worried about and so far it's like, not a big deal. Of course I am only one week out. I am anxious to get past this healing point and trying food and seeing what agrees with me and what doesn't. And just to get past this and on with my life.

I'm excited!
Starbucks?? WOW you're brave. Pre op Starbucks was like draino in me. It'll be a long time before I dare drink it again, and NEVER in public areas.

So glad you're doing great! For me, the sleeve part was the worst of the surgery recovery and you've already been through that. BTW, my surgeon considered yogurt a liquid. (The acid in coffee or tea, regular or decaf, would bore a hole through my sleeve.)

I'm excited!
Sounds like your doing well! When I was on liquids and my brain wanted to eat something, I would grab a chip and chew it up really good and then spit it out. That really saved me during that period.

Then I get to progress to pureed food. I'm not going to lie, I'm hungry. I want food. My sleeve is the same as it was before this surgery. I am drinking all day, getting protein in, but my sleeve wants food. Last week it wasn't a big deal but now that I am up and moving, it's getting harder to be satisfied with just liquids. I would gladly take pureed food, at this point. So... we'll see how that goes. I ate some greek yogurt today and it was like the best thing I had ever put in my mouth. LOL. And no, yogurt is not a liquid, but it got me through the rest of the day.
I skipped pureed...went to soft foods and didn't bother to tell them. The idea of pureed foods turned my stomach...would have made me gag.
Sounds like your doing well! When I was on liquids and my brain wanted to eat something, I would grab a chip and chew it up really good and then spit it out. That really saved me during that period.

Not a good idea, @jim1969 Just don't make a habit of it, please.

Since it's confession time, I confess that I once put one Cheeto in my mouth, sucked it clean then spat it out. The shame.

Starbucks?? WOW you're brave. Pre op Starbucks was like draino in me. It'll be a long time before I dare drink it again, and NEVER in public areas.
OMG! You would have thought I would think about that! It never entered my mind what that would do to me!! After all this thinking, researching, wondering....and I simply forget. I think it's because I felt so normal, and getting starbucks at Target is normal for me, I don't give it a second thought. Also, this is probably TMI..but pre-op, I worried about being early out and pooping in my pants. When I felt the urge at Target I IGNORED IT at first, thinking, ok..I need to go. Then it dawned on me... I now have different guts, hello! Then someone was in the bathroom (our target has a single bathroom by the pharmacy). I really thought I was going to poop my pants. I am amazed.

I skipped pureed...went to soft foods and didn't bother to tell them. The idea of pureed foods turned my stomach...would have made me gag.
I was thinking 2 weeks liquid, 2 weeks pureed (those recipes they give us and then want to puree, no way then 2 weeks soft foods. chicken salad, egg salad, yogurt, I can do. My favorite pureed recipe is Shelly's Baked Ricotta- ricotta, tomato sauce and cheese baked together). I can handle stuff like that. I have never made a pork chop and then puree it in the blender. Bleh! But to me, pureed and soft foods are very, very similar ...

Since it's confession time, I confess that I once put one Cheeto in my mouth, sucked it clean then spat it out. The shame.
Ha! I remember with my sleeve I did the chip thing...chewed it up and spit it out. I mean you gotta do what you gotta do to get through it.

Latest posts

Back