Introduce yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all, my name is Melanie. I was scheduled to have my DS consult in the morning, but Dr Boyce's office called today and cancelled for tomorrow morning, saying he was gonna be out of town. I am so disappointed! I had to go through a lot to arrange making the trip 5hrs away and for it to be cancelled the day before is a huge let down! When I returned the call, the main person said he wasn't going out of town and I got the strong impression that he was canceling the day because he only had 1-2 appointments on schedule. Not a good start. Haven't rescheduled yet. 

I had a VSG in March 2010. HW 287/ SW 272/ LW 199. Regained steadily. Now I'm 279, just graduated in December with LPN and intend to work towards my RN slowly. The plan is to have the DS while I still have insurance that paid for VSG and will cover DS, recover, obtain a nursing position and relocate back to Nashville with my family. Living in a lil podunk town right now that is close to my parents and siblings. Gotta get out before we are scarred for life from the close-minded thinking and lack of diversity!!

Hi Melanie! I'm a 2 parter as well :) I know allllll too well about the podunk town lol. I've lived in Salmon, Idaho...a small, rural and 3 hours away from ANYTHING....talk about a bit country lol. Someone once asked why the dudes in brokeback mountain hooked up when there were so many sheep around :frustrated: Anyways, enough about me, lol, Welcome to our lil haven that it steadily growing. :) Sorry about your late cancellation, such a let down :( Hope you get a date soon as he OWES you big time!!!!

Thank you all. I am really hoping today was a fluke and not a commonality for his office. I originally wanted the DS but got talked into the sleeve by my surgeon. Thank God for 2nd chances. Crossed fingers and toes that my insuance will cover it as easily as they informed me over the phone. I am so ready to be a DSer. I have learned so much since having my 1st WLS and bygosh I'm ready to kick this fat to the curb!

Hello everyone! I had a gastric sleeve done on 12/12/13. Yesterday was my 3 month surgeversary and I'm happy to say that I am down 47 pounds. HW 232, SW 227, CW 179. 53 pounds down from my high weight and 48 pounds down since surgery. I'm from Harrisburg, PA. Thanks for letting me into the group.

Hi all! I have been on the Facebook group, but wanted to come over here with you all as well.
I had my vertical sleeve done back in Nov, 2011. It was the best thing EVER that I did for myself. I was able to get rid of my very bad sleep apnea, GERD, pre-diabetes issues, and it was the start of a new me weight/health wise.

I ended up losing my gallbladder five months later--something I didn't realize would happen. I didn't realize there was an issue there. I was later informed that having a gallbladder out is something that happens quite often to gastric patients. That wasn't fun so soon afterwards. Should have had some Velcro put in!

I had a setback last spring and got off my protein path. Was winging it more than pre-planned meals like I used to. Noticed a big change: lonnnng plateau and less energy. When I had some family deaths, instead of getting back on my program to get some normality, I continued with the "winging it". No weight gain, but no loss. I'm now back on the meal planning and back to losing weight. Absolutely feeling back in charge and healthier again! Yay!!! Definitely understand every meal, every mouthful is a choice!:BIO:

Hi All, Finally made my way over here from Facebook. On Facebook you would know me as Tonya, I am just 2 weeks out from my Lap Band to DS Revision with Dr. Inman. I am from the Cleveland Ohio area. I am 41 yrs old, been with my boyfriend 11 years in May and we have 2 fur children, Rodeo and Ledoux who are cats.

woohoo, welcome BlessedLady :welcome2:

and Velvetkiss!! :welcome1:

I am very excited, I swan. :biglaff:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back