Introduce yourself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome, Brian! Dr. Boyce was my surgeon as well. I used his vites at first, but quickly transitioned over to Vitalady's plan. Hydrate, keep reading and posting! :)

^^^What shann said! Boyce's vits are not good for us...but I just smiled and nodded at the nut/PA and went my own way esp after the first 3 months. Keep hydrating...64 oz is an absolute minimum. And protein will get there. Aim for 30 grams by the end of 30 days, 60 grams by the end of 60, 90 grams by the end of 90 and 120+ after that.

Hi, I'm Heather aka Mariposa(Heather). I had My virgin LAP DS on December 23rd 2013 with Dr.Keshishian. No complications so far. I am 35.
I have a wonderful husband ( high school sweetheart) and 2 amazing girls, 5 and 11 years old.
I feel so fortunate to have found out about the DS. I was originally scheduled to have the RNY here in Portland in July 2013. By chance, I heard about the DS, did my research and never looked back!

Hi, I'm Heather aka Mariposa(Heather). I had My virgin LAP DS on December 23rd 2013 with Dr.Keshishian. No complications so far. I am 35.
I have a wonderful husband ( high school sweetheart) and 2 amazing girls, 5 and 11 years old.
I feel so fortunate to have found out about the DS. I was originally scheduled to have the RNY here in Portland in July 2013. By chance, I heard about the DS, did my research and never looked back!

Welcome, good to see you here!

Hi, I am 4KidsAndADog but that's too long to type so you can call me 4k (four-k…haha…fork…what got me in this forum to begin with…). Anyhow, I am a virgin DS with Sudan, surgery date of March 4, 2014.
Welcome! Do you mind if I ask what kind of a dog you have?

Lol. Welcome ForK (4K).. punny...

Good to see so any familiar faces over here and some new ones too!

Don't know why I chose Munchkin but I did. I've been around the boards for years, decades even, as some iteration of pattyl. Had my DS in 2003 and I'm still alive and kicking. My surgery was open, no complications or deficiencies, but I never did reach a normal BMI. So I do still diet all the time and try to lose more. I so wanted to be really skinny but that was not to be. I just look like a normal person for my age.
My son has a Munchkin cat - very strange looking and strange personality (let me know if it doesn't show up as I stole it from his g/f's FB page) - she's the one sleeping sitting up with her little weird short legs (Frannie's cat is in front):
1175383_10200377244615577_689876180_n.jpg

Hey y'all, I finally made it over here. Ye gods, I need a new av. Anyway, I'm Charlee or CharleeG just about everywhere. Had my DS 4/6/10 with Dr. Hugh Houston in Nashville, TN. I lost from 350 to 215, then had bounce-back or regain to 230ish. I float within about 5 pounds of that no matter what I eat. Would love to get rid of another 70-80 pounds, but I feel good, look ok, and am no longer diabetic. I'll take it!

Shelli, I'm so glad you found your way here, and esp that you are finally doing better. You've had a long and slow recovery but it sounds like you're feeling better both mentally and physically. Hopefully the improvement will continue. You fought so hard for your DS, it's great that you are now benefiting from it.

Larra

Charlee, I'm so glad you made it here. I think of you often and hope you're doing well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back