IndyGirl DS surgery [Indiana | Aug 12, 2015]

I just talked to IndyGirl's father. She made it out of surgery, however she is still in recovery because her blood oxygen is very low and they have not been able to see her yet. The doctor said the surgery was a success and she is all switched up. The last nurse they spoke with said they should have her back to her room within the hour.

So glad her surgery is done! I hope she has lots of local support for her recovery, as well as the support she will get here.

Good news. I am sure the blood oxygen levels are probably due to the meds (pain meds can cause issues breathing) so hopefully nothing that can't be fixed fairly quickly.

Glad she is doing well and munching on ice chips! Hoping for a speedy recovery!!!

IndyGirl is doing well - they are going to make her stay until tomorrow at least as she is having some pain issues. She is grumpy and wants to go home - this is a complete shocker, because I am sure that while I was in there, I was a delightful ray of sunshine to everyone that came within 15 feet of my room. Her family is with her and she is being well taken care of.

I have been home since Saturday. I spend my days walking and sipping and resting, lol. Mom bought me unsalted chicken broth and it is terrible. I think she hates me.
I am doing much better now that I have had some rest. They don't let you sleep when you are in the hospital so I came home on Saturday evening and slept until Sunday morning. I am trying to walk around the yard about every hour or so. For the most part, I am not in any pain until I try to walk up the stairs. Taht hurts bad lol.
Counting the chicken broth and the popsicles, I am getting about 60 ounces of fluid per day. I haven't eaten anything other than some custard and that didn't sit well, lol. I haven't tried any vitamins yet.
My friends are bringing me my school work this evening and I can't wait to see them. I am still pretty tired most of the time, but am told that gets better. I am looking forward to chewing again.

Awesome news. Hang in there it gets much better. As long as you take your vitamins (when you are ready) and focus on getting protein first you will do well.

Mom bought me unsalted chicken broth and it is terrible. I think she hates me.
She is probably worried about blood pressure but one of the "side effects" of this surgery is much lower blood pressure. So show her this post and tell her that broth WITH sodium is okay. Honestly at this point, you aren't getting enough of anything to really cause issues while still on liquids.

And many of us are told to EAT more salt!!! My pre-op blood pressure was 130/85. Now it's more like 100/60.

Do you like egg drop soup? Could someone hit the nearest Chinese restaurant and get some for you? Of course your options are limited at this point, but choking down something that makes you feel like crap isn't going to help your recovery.

Hang in there girl, you're doing great!

I am so glad that you are doing well.
You will get more energy over time, just keep walking, sipping, and resting. Don't worry about anything except recovery right now. 60 ounces of fluid 5 days post-op is wonderful. Keep up the good work.

Latest posts

Back