In rehab

Charris

Now an angel
I am now in rehab. I was transported here Friday. The rehab I was at couldn't take me back because of the Tpn. So I am now at Plaza Del Rio. So the nurse told me if my blood count continues to drop I will have to be readmitted to the hospital for another transfusion. Yesterday it was 7.1 so they drew blood this am at 3 and we are waiting for the results to be faxed. What we, family, don't understand is where is the blood going? I'm not bleeding they gave me 6 units of blood like almost 2 weeks ago., 4 one day then 2 the day after.

You are in my thoughts! I hope they get it figured out soon and that you get feeling better!

@Charris we worry about you....keep someone up to date if you can.

I try to but like a lot of times I loose days. This last time I was admitted I was in so much pain they kept me drugged for the first 4 days. Morphine and dilaudid. I had no clue how I had gotten to the hospital and didn't know they had told my family I was not going to make it. Dr finally cut back on meds but I still had lost those days.
@Spiky tracked me down Bugger

I try to but like a lot of times I loose days. This last time I was admitted I was in so much pain they kept me drugged for the first 4 days. Morphine and dilaudid. I had no clue how I had gotten to the hospital and didn't know they had told my family I was not going to make it. Dr finally cut back on meds but I still had lost those days.
@Spiky tracked me down Bugger
I'm going to call you tomorrow. You still need a friend who speaks Doctor to yelp you understand what's going on.

@Charris ((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))
I don't even know what to say anymore! You have been to hell and back.

@Spiky Bugger Ask if Dr K.is still on board? Yep someone needs to be able to explain in non medical jargon so she and family members understand.
I remember how Dr. K explained to my sister when we got to CA what had happened that I had such a problem getting any food down. I wasn't feeling good at all so when he told my sister it was like having a stopped up drain at the sink (my pinched sleeve) but then I also had a clogged pipe out at the street (kinked intestine) it not only helped her but me too. This isn't worded right but I know you can figure it out. I think your right and this is was what Charris needs for herself and her family.
Barb

Charris,

Nice to hear from you and I am sorry to learn that you still aren't feeling well.

Seems to me that they really haven't figured out the root cause of your challenges and that you shouldn't be in rehab if you are requiring transfusions. Is there a different hospital nearby where you could get second opinions from a different set of doctors? You definitely need to be seen by an expert hematologist. The one question I would ask my doctors were I in your shoes is - what would you test for if I had these symptoms with a normal anatomy (didn't have the DS)?

I'm thinking of you and have a special gift waiting for you that I plan to send when you get home.

Hang in there!
Hilary

Latest posts

Back